lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
Tglemba
Not Yet Wild

Default 1985 club car slow help!! ( electric)

Checked all six batteries across each one average (6.6). 36.6 v at charger port. Checked micro switches in control. All selonoids cycle. Cleaned every battery terminal. Just straight up slow !
Tglemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1985 club car slow help!! ( electric)

Is it a stock ‘85??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Tglemba
Not Yet Wild

Yes all stock as far as I know
Old 08-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Well those carts were strictly meant for course use only so it’s no surprise that it’s slow and also that’s pre speed control era so it’s going to be hard on batteries. Best thing to do is a solid state conversion and go with a high amp controller and more hp motor if you’re going for more speed. There isn’t too much you can do with that existing setup.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
Tglemba
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the heads up! Makes sense on flat ground it goes fine but on any kind of incline it basically stops. I think I will upgrade to a gas cart and chock this up as a learning experience lol .
Old 08-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #6
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Nothing wrong with gas..you get power and moderate speed and the run time is incomparable..not to mention no added cost or maintenance associated with batteries [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Old 08-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
Nothing wrong with gas..you get power and moderate speed and the run time is incomparable..not to mention no added cost or maintenance associated with batteries
Eh, I have both gas and electric carts. The maintenance costs are about the same for both, at least in my case. Sure, batts cost a grand but you also get 5+ years out of a set. $30 bucks in a gas here, $30 there but over the course of 5 years it probably adds up the same $1000 or so.

Maintenance is of no concern with batteries. Top them off with water every few weeks, a process that takes 2 mins, is all they need.

All the same, if your cart isn't pulling a hill then there is something wrong with your cart. Your batteries need load tested to see how far the voltage drops when the cart is operating.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Actually, this is posted in the wrong section! It should be in Electric Club Car.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #9
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I see what you’re saying but at 150 miles per tank the average person MIGHT go through $30 worth of gas in a 2-3 month span. Also battery maintenance isn’t labor intensive by any means but again the average person forgets to check the water and also doesn’t charge like they should and that allows for shorter battery life/run times and having to hot charge batteries which either is more work or more money if you have a shop do it (believe me I see it ALL the time). Also it’s possible that his batteries might not be up to snuff but even with the BEST of batteries those systems in carts don’t make for hill climbers by ANY MEANS and will eventually cut down on run time big time with hilly terrain.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO