lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2019, 07:41 AM   #11
wendy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No spark EZGO commander

That does indeed seem to be the case but with this one being inconsistent and measuring ~ 300 ohms generally, it is suspect anyway. Providing that the one I am getting measures up and provides a consistent .5 volts, I will obviously have to look elsewhere. After my experience finding the only remaining electrical connector I did not check to be the culprit, I am testing not only at the component, but at the terminal that connects it to the next component in line to test the wiring as well.
The next adventure.
I appreciate the suggestion of using the test light on the + side of the coil.
If I ever find the demon in the machine I will indeed post my results.
wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #12
wendy
Not Yet Wild

One more time. I have an impulse coil providing .56 volt at the igniter box. I know the ignition coil is good; I can strike the coil ground like a match along a grounded point. The spark tester lights up as I drag the coil ground wire along. I tried another ignition unit, no dice. I have checked the wiring diagram multiple times. I am confused a bit about the ground for the igniter box; the two black wires both have white tracers. I wrapped a piece of green tape around the wire that was previously working as ground, so am fairly certain it is the correct one. I just think this cursed thing is haunted or something. All new components, all wires check out with continuity, the components I can test are all performing within spec. I even tried another igniter box with the same results. Nothing. Am I just not holding my mouth right? Anybody out there have any suggestions? Everything is grounded properly.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #13
wendy
Not Yet Wild

Yesterday I started swapping igniter units. Two new ones and the original. When I used the original, the engine fired and ran, just very poorly. After a few minutes of this, the power input wire on the igniter broke off flush. I now know that the igniter unit is the problem. Why I am getting so many 'bad' new units is beyond me. I am going to try a HEI unit when it gets here from Amazon. I have not checked the voltage regulator; if it is bad and allowing too much voltage, that may be frying igniter units. First test if it ever runs again.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #14
wendy
Not Yet Wild

when I finally figured out that the harness in my commander was not factory, I rewired the whole ignition system with 14 gauge wire, the Yamaha impulse coil (.65 volts) and marked the heck out of the wires with colored electrical tape. I may in the future try and find colored heat shrink tubing to replace the tape. I also finally noticed that the power wire is a slightly difference shade of red; leaning toward orange. On some of my igniter units (I now have several) two wires are black with a white tracer, which means playing with the black wire from the impulse coil and ground.
Hopefully this will run well now.
Good luck and keep at it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO