lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Receiver Hitch

I am building a sporting clays cart using a 2014 G29. It will have a Jakes Long Travel lift and a rear seat. I am trying to sort through the rear hitch.

One option is to buy the Mad Jax kit that mounts to the rear frame and then use an extension to get it closer to the back of the footrest on the seat.

If you are not familiar the Mad Jax sandwiches the rear frame with 2 plates approximately 4" wide with 2 through bolts. I am wondering since the receiver extension will be 15" or so long, with the leverage this will put on the frame if I would be better off building a hitch from scratch with angle or channel to connect to the cart frame. It seems I could make a wide bracket that would be more securely attached.

Another option would be to simply buy a bolt on RV style hitch. The ones I have seen are wider and appear stronger that the Mad Jax, but still not as wide as a custom build would be.

Thoughts on what is adequate but not overkill.

Primary uses will be to move unloaded 5.5"x10" trailer around yard, rear step, and perhaps a cooler carrier.

Thanks!
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Rear Receiver Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keperkey View Post
I am building a sporting clays cart using a 2014 G29. It will have a Jakes Long Travel lift and a rear seat. I am trying to sort through the rear hitch.

One option is to buy the Mad Jax kit that mounts to the rear frame and then use an extension to get it closer to the back of the footrest on the seat.

If you are not familiar the Mad Jax sandwiches the rear frame with 2 plates approximately 4" wide with 2 through bolts. I am wondering since the receiver extension will be 15" or so long, with the leverage this will put on the frame if I would be better off building a hitch from scratch with angle or channel to connect to the cart frame. It seems I could make a wide bracket that would be more securely attached.

Another option would be to simply buy a bolt on RV style hitch. The ones I have seen are wider and appear stronger that the Mad Jax, but still not as wide as a custom build would be.

Thoughts on what is adequate but not overkill.

Primary uses will be to move unloaded 5.5"x10" trailer around yard, rear step, and perhaps a cooler carrier.

Thanks!
If this is your primary use for the hitch, a rear seat mounted hitch will suffice just fine IMO.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

Yep. I installed a bolt on hitch on the underside of my step and it works perfect. Don’t put anything stinking heavy on it but can haul around small car trailers and even moved my 5500 lbs camper trailer with the jack wheel down taking most of the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

My hitch mounts differently than yours.

Whereas yours is mounted to the sheet metal, mine mounts to the frame of the rear step front and back (where your's has predrilled holes).
Old 06-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
My hitch mounts differently than yours.

Whereas yours is mounted to the sheet metal, mine mounts to the frame of the rear step front and back (where your's has predrilled holes).
I can buy the GTW hitch to fit my rear footrest. Are you suggesting that is all that I need and that a frame mount or a combo frame/footrest mount?
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

This is the hitch I use for my G1. I have hauled 1500-1800 lbs with it. Works well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 hitch.jpg (353.6 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #7
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keperkey View Post
I can buy the GTW hitch to fit my rear footrest. Are you suggesting that is all that I need and that a frame mount or a combo frame/footrest mount?
If what you stated is all you intend to use it for, then yes, a footrest frame mounted hitch would work fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha