lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
tcb2020
Getting Wild

Default 2017 Club Car Precedent Will Not Climb hills

Good Morning, I have a 2017 Club Car DS. Installed a new set of Trojan T875 batteries. The Cart runs fine on flat ground but will not climb hills. Voltage on old batteries would drop to 35 volts going up hill new batteries are dropping to 40 volts. I felt that batteries was the issue being 4 yrs old. MCOR? Controller? Please Help. Thanks in advance.
tcb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default 2017 Club Car Precedent Will Not Climb hills

Precedent motors are not torque motors.

You have a few options.

1. Upgrade the controller
2. Upgrade the motor
3. Or Do both for best results.

My 2017 needs a running start to go from grass to slightly elevated driveway. Kids were disappointed as my last cart had a 600 amp controller and AMD Beast motor. That cart would climb mountains.

Told them we could upgrade the cart using their Christmas money. They said step back so we can get a running start. I’m going to upgrade the controller soon($500), then get the motor changed out next year.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 Club Car Precedent Will Not Climb hills

And let the batteries get broken in and seasoned completely before you judge them. If they are new, you need up to as many as 30-50 completed charges before they will be at their optimum power levels.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car