lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 Precedent EFI fuel/hour guage

Last week I pulled the trigger on a new to me cart. Found a '15 EFI Precedent. In my search I have noticed some carts have hour meters some don't. I have seen new CC Villagers have a cool gas guage /hour meter in the dash. I would love to be able to add that gauge to mine. Does CC prewire with a harness for this guage? Being the cart is EFI. with a in tank fuel pump, I am wondering what provisions would have to be made?
mncdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2020, 12:31 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent EFI fuel/hour guage

You would have to buy the float/sending unit to install in the tank. The tank should have pre-formed holes where the sender unit installs.

As for wiring, can’t say for sure. But those gauges only need two wires to work.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Most of the time in automotive applications, for EFi, the sending unit is also incorporated in the fuel pump. Was wondering if that is the case. As I found out with the rear lights, the wiring was already in place. Just had to drill holes and it was plug and play. Wondering if the Club Car has other options prewired?
Old 01-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #4
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Holidays are over and I am ready to try and figure this out. Any Club Car Techs or shade tree mechanics ever put a guage on an EFI cart? I would love to know the answer.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:31 AM   #5
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok folks, maybe I'm the only one who was wondering this info. Anyway, here is what I found from calling around and on the web. Club Car uses 2 different Fuel pump modules for a Precedent. I am guessing if the cart is just a fleet car for a golf course, no need to have a guage. The course will just top off the tank every day. That being said no need to spend the extra $. Here is the basics - Fuel pump Module without sending unit is Part Number 105043402. Fuel Pump Module with sending unit is 105043401. The part number are located on a tag on top of the sending unit. Now I am wondering if I can find a gas cap with the fuel guage built in. Like something you would find on a garden tractor. I will post up what, or if, I can find anything.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:45 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quick search found this KELCH 7J203933 but be careful of year
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:35 PM   #7
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks kgsc, I have a request sent for the seller to answer a few questions about that.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:28 PM   #8
mncdriver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I pulled the trigger on the KELCH 7J203933. Cap threads on as it should and is reading the fuel level correctly. So far i'm happy. Time will tell how long it lasts but in my opinion for the price it is definitely worth it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car