lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #1
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

Default Bad Joints Advice

Yeah ... kinda misleading, but I couldn't figure out how to get a decent title without being too wordy.

Husband has bad knees and ankles and its getting harder and harder for him to use pedal start on the g9 with a lifan motor.

I need to provide him a way to get around the acreage that doesn't rely on precision pedal use.

I'm not sure where to start...
is this a 'by pass the pedal ' need ,
do I need to move to a key start engine
what are my options and things I should consider??

Breaks my heart to see him struggle with something that was once second nature.

Any advice is very welcome.

JW
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 08:04 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Bad Joints Advice

Maybe a set of MPS hand controls? I’ve installed hundreds of sets in cars, vans, and trucks. I cant imagine why you couldn’t put them in a golf cart.

No feet necessary anymore press the handle forward to press the brake. Pull it down for gas. Sounds tricky but it’s really easy after about 5 minutes of playing with it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:08 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

https://www.ebay.com/c/1979584840

They strap around the steering column and clamp on the pedals. Takes a little adjustment to get them just right but they’re a solid product and work very well.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:56 PM   #4
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

Thank you cp241 ...
I'll check into it.

JW
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A few ideas. The key start is easy. Just bypass the stop/start switch under the pedals. When I first installed the VC 460 I used a piece of wire to the carb so I
would think someone of your mechanical abilities could fab up a hand throttle of some sort. Maybe a level something like the lawn tractors use ? The hand brake I think might be the biggest challenge. I am not so sure how to get it into a cart as easily as the other parts are to modify. One other note is an emergency kill switch. I have one on both carts Just In Case something goes awry.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:22 PM   #6
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

There are some companies making hand controls for golf carts. Also you could consider a standard gas model with the stock engine. They have governors that may make precise pedal control less critical and you just press the pedal to start it and go.
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha