lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2021, 12:24 AM   #1
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Smile Club Car DS Serial Number Confusion

So I read the thread about deciphering the serial number on the cart to figure out the year. However, I believe my cart is having an identity crisis! The guy I bought the cart from told me it is a 1995. After reading the forum, I went and found TWO serial number tags. The original metal plate bearing a serial number that starts with A9606. Which tells me it was built in 1996. Right next to that tag is a custom plastic tag saying it was a remanufactured cart and bears a serial number that starts with A9432. Which tells me it was remanufactured to a 1994. So, is it a 94, 95, or 96?
SoFLCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2021, 05:12 AM   #2
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS Serial Number Confusion

I think the best way to see what it is would be to look at the operating hardware is it v glide with resistor coils or v glide with controller? does it have the charging computer? match up what your cart has to the wiring diagrams to figure out what year it is? does it have an m core or a diffrent throttle setup? there is a thread on here with all of the club car wiring diagrams to look thru
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:59 AM   #3
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Club Car DS Serial Number Confusion

Thanks CustomCurt! I will go read through the wiring threads to see if I can narrow this down. I was looking over the cart last night and saw that behind the batteries are metal coils. The coils have wire cables attached to them. I am assuming that's what you mean when you say v glide with resistor coils. I did some other reading here and learned it is a series and has no tow switch. So much to learn!
Old 01-31-2021, 09:27 AM   #4
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Post Re: Club Car DS Serial Number Confusion

I looked through the diagrams and believe, out of the three possible years I listed, it looks as though it may be a 1994. I based my decision on these two diagrams.

Attachment 216000

VdlideWiringcolor.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8803vglidecoils36vzi9.jpg (8.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-10-2021, 11:10 PM   #5
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here are the two serial number plates on the cart. I tried calling the number on the remanufactured plate and the number is not working. What does a remanufactured serial number even mean?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serial number pic1.jpg (249.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg remanu serial number plate.jpg (269.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It’s a 1996 according to the club car tag. That’s what I’d go by (even though it does look different than any CC tag I’ve seen, and it’s crooked which is also a bit weird).

Disregard that 2nd tag. That’s something a dealer put on there and it means basically nothing to anyone except for them. That phone number belongs to www.golfcardepot.com

My guess is they put wheels or a seat or paint or something on it at some point and then put that on to show it is “custom”
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #7
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
It’s a 1996 according to the club car tag. That’s what I’d go by (even though it does look different than any CC tag I’ve seen, and it’s crooked which is also a bit weird).

Disregard that 2nd tag. That’s something a dealer put on there and it means basically nothing to anyone except for them. That phone number belongs to www.golfcardepot.com

My guess is they put wheels or a seat or paint or something on it at some point and then put that on to show it is “custom”
Well the sticker is just that a sticker. I thought it was a little different since all the other ones I have seen are actual metal plates. I am going to try and get in touch with the company again to see if I can get any other information about my cart.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:51 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve never owned a 1996...

I’ve owned older ones that are a metal plate riveted on with the serial number. 92-93’s.
I’ve owned lots of flavors of newer ones that are 1997 and newer. Those were stickers, similar to what yours is but a slightly different layout.

Remove the dash panel and look on the vertical brace to the right, behind the dash. There may be another serial number sticker there. At least in the newer carts there is... If it matches the CC sticker below the glove box then it’s accurate. I’m not exactly sure what year they started putting that sticker there though.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:04 AM   #9
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve never owned a 1996...

I’ve owned older ones that are a metal plate riveted on with the serial number. 92-93’s.
I’ve owned lots of flavors of newer ones that are 1997 and newer. Those were stickers, similar to what yours is but a slightly different layout.

Remove the dash panel and look on the vertical brace to the right, behind the dash. There may be another serial number sticker there. At least in the newer carts there is... If it matches the CC sticker below the glove box then it’s accurate. I’m not exactly sure what year they started putting that sticker there though.
Interesting information! I just pulled the dash and looked, there is not another sticker there.

I edited this post: So I thought about what you said and realized it was not behind the dash but in fact just above the sticker on the bar you are referring to! I have attached a picture I took of it last night to show you what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serial number pic1.jpg (249.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I could be wrong but I don't see much difference if any between a 94 and 96 resistor coil 36v DS. if you start looking up parts you will probably find this to be true.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car