lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #1
rocketman71421
Not Yet Wild

Angry Western Elagente 2000 Ezgo

HELP Bought a project OMG it didn’t have any batteries in it so just a bunch of wires hanging that I have no idea where they go. I’m not so worried about all the accessories at this point I just want to get it running. It’s a 2000 Lincoln looking cart it has all the street legal goodies if I ever figure out how to hook them up. But rite now I need to know where the 2 wires from the key switch go I think 1 goes to the pos post of the battery’s, which I have 50 volts on brand new batteries and I’m guessing the other one goes to the f/r switch. The switch was even out of it just laying in the floor. It has a 5 position switch but looks real bad, so I’m wanting to put just a simple 2 position in it for now. And I’ll hook all the accessories up individually later. I’m guessing all the acc, trunk release, horn, head and taillights, state of charge meter are all 12 volt which I’ve bought a 48/12 volt reducer, hope there is some wiring gurus out there, cause I sure need help.
rocketman71421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Western Elagente 2000 Ezgo

Most old westerns i have worked on, have had a key switch with 4 terminals, 2 of the terminals switched 12 volts and the other 2 terminals switched the 48 volt.

Also, i have been able to buy these new key switched from Napa auto parts.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

The original elegante 48 volt wires to the key switch, were white and black.

The black went to the microswitch on the f/r switch and the white went to the
pmc micro.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
rocketman71421
Not Yet Wild

I bought a new switch on Amazon for EZGO and it does have 4 terminals on it. I at this point just want to get it running. So I hook 1 post to 48 volt + and the other goes where?
Old 02-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
rocketman71421
Not Yet Wild

The person I bought it from is absolutely no help at all. it has a 36/48 volt motor and a 36/48 volt Curtis controller and it had a 36 volt solenoid on it and a 48 volt charger. And he said it was a 36 volt? With wires hanging everywhere. So I bought a 48 volt solenoid and 6/8 volt batteries. I need some big time help.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:43 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A lot of westerns were built on EZGO chassis and electronics. Maybe more help available if you post this in the EZGO section?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:48 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I don’t know you or anything about you or your abilities so please don’t take this the wrong way... but how much experience do you have with electrical knowledge, repair, or diagnosis? Or golf carts in general?

Reason I’m asking is because this is a modified cart, so unlike a typical club car or ezgo, things have been changed, added, etc. so finding wiring diagrams with any amount of accuracy or reliability is a long shot. Plus who knows what else has been done to it over the years.

What I’m getting to here, is this is going to take general knowledge and experience to trace wires down, figure out what they go to, and then hook everything up one circuit at a time. It’s not going to be a standard “project” type of a cart.

My recommendation would be to start with the basics... wire up the controller and stuff to make it drive first. Do one thing at a time, don’t try and take on the entire mess at once or it will be overwhelming. Once you get the controller and drive system working, start picking out one thing at a time on the accessories (lights, horn, trunk, radio, etc.).
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:59 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I thought all the Elegantes were 42 or 48 volt depending upon their age. Early Westerns were 36v but again I thought that was before the Elegante model introduction.
Start with the basics. Is this a series drive system?
What type of direction selector switch?
Can you post some pics of what you are working with?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:06 AM   #9
rocketman71421
Not Yet Wild

Yes Scotty I can try I’m new here so I have to figure how. That’s what I’m trying to do the basics the controller and all the wiring under the seat has not been unhooked. That all seems to be ok it’s all the wiring under the dash and switch to f/r from f/r to what is the problem
Old 02-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We can't help until you identify the type of drive system in the cart... then diagrams and cart specific advice can follow.
If you go to my website and click the START HERE ( red arrow) the information there should help you ID the drive system... Year 2000 was the first year PDS. Western favored the PDS drive system in the later years.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car