lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
brediaj
Not Yet Wild

Default HEI ignition conversion

For a 2001 EZGO Workhorse 4 cycle robin 2 cylinder. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this HEI ignition conversion all I seem to find is for 2 cycle carts with only 1 cylinder or maybe some photos on how to do this as I cannot get spark for nothing after replacing everything igniter ignition coil voltage regulator pulsar coil I have to try something before I go crazy it can,t be as hard as it seems to get a spark with all new components. thanks guys
brediaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: HEI ignition conversion

Before you do anything else, try cleaning the grounding post beside the solenoids where all of your grounds meet. I'm talking remove and wire brush all the terminals
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

In all honesty, I would reinstall all of your OEM parts and clean the grounds, Aftermarket electronics are a hit or miss gamble.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with Crash. We have all fought the "No Spark Bug" and most of the time, it isn't a component, but simply a poorly conducting ground that appears connected, or a bad connection. I've had the prongs inside the pulsar coil two wire connector and the ignitor 4-wire connectors come loose inside the plastic housing only to not make good connection, had to grind the paint and rust out from under the solenoid plate or added grounding wires from the plate to a known good grounding point, a loose spade connector, a broken wire inside the insulation, you name it. Put the OEM stuff on, and inspect each prong in the connectors, clean all the grounds and wire connections and make sure they are sound.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:38 PM   #5
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

i met a guy that rebuilds motors and battery chargers for me, he did the hei 4 pin module on his and is quite happy, i use the 4 pin module on my mopar to eliminate all the extra wiring and it works awesome, I will get him to draw me a diagram how he did it on his workhorse
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
brediaj
Not Yet Wild

I would like to thank all of you who took enough time to respond to my post I will definitly go back and remove all grounds and clean them and get back to you guys Customcurt I would greatly appreciate that wiring diagram Thanks so much for responding in such a short time I will get back to all with the results or another cry for help this place (buggiesgonewild) is way cool
brediaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO