lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
Bcit1980
Not Yet Wild

Default Oil injection problem

I have a 1987 ezgo marathon 2 cycle gas golf cart. It was running fine and just stopped. I lifted the seat and found 2 cycle oil everywhere. The spot where the oil line connects was broken off and I don’t know what the part is called that I am looking for. The carburetor is bolted to something that looks like a thermostat housing(in shape alone. I know it’s not a thermostat housing). There is a banjo bolt connected to that holding on another part that the oil line is connected to and that is the piece that broke. Anyone know what it is called.
Bcit1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil injection problem

That would be a 'Banjo fitting', it has a special hollow bolt and the fitting to go with it. It is installed in the intake manifold, the oil pump supplies oil to it for mixing with the fuel/air as it passes through into the engine case. Unfortunately for you this is one of the problems that can arise with the oil injection system....

I hate to say it but you've probably burned up the engine and will need a rebuild, does it still turnover? I'd do a compression test next and go from there.....

Most of us eliminate the oil injection system and simply premix, this would be a good (but a little late) time for you to do that rather than spend money on a Banjo fitting. Remember, the rest of that oil injection system is 34 years old. If the pump, cable, hose etc goes bad you won't know it til it burns it up again...

Good Luck and let us know what you find
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO