lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
Ursettieb
Not Yet Wild

Default should I upgrade to lithium western cart?

Hello, I just bought a 2010 western golf cart. I am excited to get it up and running but it needs new batteries and hasnt run in a year. Does anyone have a reccomendation if i should just upgrade to Litihium or just get new deep cells? Also if anyone knows much about Western carts, I have read that it is on an ez go txt. Is this correct? If so will body kits be able to be installed from an ezgo onto the western? Thanks all
Ursettieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2022, 01:45 PM   #2
howardm18
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: should I upgrade to lithium western cart?

Just bought a 2001 M400 Western 4 seater. Has new batteries 7 months old. Bought it to match the Western I already have up north in Payson, AZ. Loved them back then & still love them. 22MPH 42 volt system.
howardm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:13 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: should I upgrade to lithium western cart?

Most Western carts that I've seen run 42V. I don't know if those will be available as a lithium drop in pack? I haven't looked though.

I will tell you I LOVE my lithium conversion. I'm at the point now where I'd probably be looking for a new Lead Acid pack if I had not gone with Lithium. No water issues, no acidic vapor issues, higher V (better speed).

Now, if you get a pre-built pack it is a lot easier. If you want to build your own pack then you have to be comfortable with the issues and risks of building your own pack... Anyone can learn it, but it is a learning curve.

Also, I'd imagine your 42v cart is good for slightly higher V. My 48V controller can handle 60V so I run 57.6v in my lithium pack. You may find a 44v or 48v pack would be compatible. Just need to find the max V of whatever pack you buy.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts