lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2022, 06:15 PM   #1
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Default Converting used electric golf cart to lithium

I'd love to find a used lithium powered cart but a majority of the used golf carts I've seen are lead-acid and older models. I've read it can be expensive and complicated (Dakota Lithium batteries are almost half the cost of the cart). Has anyone purchased an older used cart (2010 - 2016) and converted to lithium? Is it worth it? What issues did you come across? This might be wishful thinking but I was hoping to save some money vs buying a new 2020+ cart with lithium.
fenderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2022, 06:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Converting used electric golf cart to lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderly View Post
I'd love to find a used lithium powered cart but a majority of the used golf carts I've seen are lead-acid and older models. I've read it can be expensive and complicated (Dakota Lithium batteries are almost half the cost of the cart). Has anyone purchased an older used cart (2010 - 2016) and converted to lithium? Is it worth it? What issues did you come across? This might be wishful thinking but I was hoping to save some money vs buying a new 2020+ cart with lithium.
Many many many BGW users have converted to lithium. Look around the site directory and you will find whole forum sections dedicated to lithium conversions. GL with the project
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:09 AM   #3
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'll do some more digging. Just wanted to see if anyone's done it recently as used golfcart prices have shot up and putting more money into it to convert to lithium may push it over buying new price let along any headaches that come along with the conversion. .
Old 02-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Used cart prices are going up!
You would have made more money buying used golf carts than investing in the market in the last 5 years.
GL with the project
Old 02-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #5
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

You aren't kidding! It's just incredible (crazy) how much used carts are now. I've seen 2 seater 2014 ClubCar asking close $10k and some new 4 seaters are pushing $20k. Should have started looking/buying years ago.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderly View Post
You aren't kidding! It's just incredible (crazy) how much used carts are now. I've seen 2 seater 2014 ClubCar asking close $10k and some new 4 seaters are pushing $20k. Should have started looking/buying years ago.
I would say that depending upon where you are looking the price of used carts has risen as much as 10 times what it was 10 years ago. Looks like I'm keeping the ones I've got
Old 02-09-2022, 10:17 AM   #7
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

I don't blame ya. I just hope I'm not too late to the party 😀

Tags
ac battery, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts