lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2022, 04:42 PM   #21
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2/9 ignition switch

Well it only shocked me because my hand hit the end of the spark plug lol, as for what coil it’s a aftermarket one off amazon made for a Yamaha G golf carts, if I find the info I might get the Chrysler coil and mount that somewhere probably little more reliable
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2022, 11:06 AM   #22
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

CP241 here is what i have drawn up on what i have wired and how i did it, can u look it over for me please and make any changes i did wrong and maybe fix them ?

all the colored lines is how i have it wired as of now and im not worried about the reverse buzzer and reverse switch as of yet just trying to make this thing spark better

unless i need them all hooked up ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 444.jpg (47.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I may be reading it wrong…. But I would try and Run a wire to the red wire on the solenoid that also goes to the red/white (orange on your diagram) going to the cdi module that comes also from the pedal switch.

The CDI and the solenoid BOTH need to see power when you step on the pedal.

The ground wire in the case of the cdi needs to run to a good solid ground as well. Not sure where you have it going looking at that diagram
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 04:48 PM   #24
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, i made some changes and hope it works, on this pic you can see orange arrows on where i added that extra wire that goes from the pedal switch wire to the solenoid and CDi to give them both power. For the other orange box is just showing those wires are located very close to the bottom of my motor.

As for the ground wire of the CDI case i have that going right to the neg post of the battery

Also I removed the old CDI box from the diagram of the left since I’m not using it or have the stock wiring harness
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jj.jpg (51.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2022, 12:25 PM   #25
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can anyone on this site confirm that the diagram above is correct ?
Old 03-21-2022, 09:28 PM   #26
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Figured it out :) was a bad Chrysler part bought a new one and working great, thanks CP241

For anyone wanting a diagram feel free to copy mine above it works great
Old 03-21-2022, 09:58 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1 View Post
Figured it out :) was a bad Chrysler part bought a new one and working great, thanks CP241

For anyone wanting a diagram feel free to copy mine above it works great
Sorry missed the last posts, my brain has been a little foggy lately. but glad you got it going
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha