lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2022, 04:36 PM   #1
Aaviator
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help for Wiring Alltrax Controller

I need help on wiring an Alltrax SR400 controller to my 1998 36v Series EZGO TXT cart. I have followed the wiring instructions that came with the Alltrax controller but there are differences in the wiring of the A1 and A2 leads from the motor and I am not getting any power to the motor in either forward or reverse, nor is the reverse buzzer sounding.
When I examined and marked the original cables before I removed the stock Curtis controller, the A1 cable from the motor was wired to the M- post of the Controller and the A2 cable from the motor was attached to the top post of the FR switch. However, the instructions for the Alltrax controller for 1994 and newer EZGO says to wire the A2 Motor cable to the M- post on the controller and the A1 cable goes to the top post of the FR switch! So the opposite of how it was originally hooked up. The S1 and S2 cables are wired the same as the OEM.
Any help would be appreciated.
Aaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Need Help for Wiring Alltrax Controller

Reversing A1 and A2 will only reverse direction so if it goes in reverse with the FnR switch in fwd, then you have to reverse either A1 and A2 or S1 and S2. It should work either way just go in the wrong direction. If it doesn't work hook up your laptop and run the Alltrax software to diagnose what is wrong. It does not sound like it's your motor connections.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Wire it like the stock series controller schematic or like the SR schematic. Both ways work.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 08:44 PM   #4
Aaviator
Not Yet Wild

OK, Thanks Guys...I guess that doesn't explain why there is no current. Any other ideas?
Old 03-14-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try your laptop! That should tell you what inputs the Alltrax is seeing and what might be preventing it from working. One thing that often causes issues is incorrect throttle programming. If the Alltrax does not see low throttle it won't power up the motor.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:10 AM   #6
Aaviator
Not Yet Wild

I'll see if I can figure out how to do that. I had them program it from carts unlimited using the specs I gave them for the cart/battery/etc. I have not tried to hook up my computer to it.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:30 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You'll need a laptop with Windows XP 64bit or higher, a usb a/b printer cable and to download the Alltrax Toolkit software from Alltrax website.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

1 Does the solenoid click when you try to go?
2 Does the controller blink 4 times green (for Ezgo TXT) and then go solid green when the solenoid clicks?
3 Does the LED turn orange when the pedal is fully depressed (rear wheel off the ground, cart in gear, key on)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 01:44 PM   #9
Aaviator
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the good ideas, everybody. Scotty B. figured it out for me. Since I was converting to a lithium battery, I no longer needed the charging port, so I removed it. Turns out that the power for the F/R switch on that model cart, (1998 TXT Series), runs through the charging port. I had removed the red power lead to the F/R switch when I removed the Wiring to the Plug! Duh!

Tags
1998, alltrax controller, ezgo, series, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO