lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
YoToddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Squeaky Club Car

Iíve never owned a golf cart before so I have no clue if this is considered normal. I find it annoying and it makes this noise with every bump or dip in the road. I weigh about 220 but this same noise occurs when my kids get on it as well. Iíve used silicone spray on everything I think might be causing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGoxdeJO5k
YoToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #2
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Re: Squeaky Club Car

Anytime a frame is cut and stretched you are going to have some noise, Id get some spray lub and where the frame has been sectioned spray some in there. Then I would get some flat plate steel and span the sections of the frame to reinforce that part to see if it will eliminate any sag/flex that could be causing causing the noise
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
YoToddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The cart is still under factory warranty so I doubt I'll be adding any steel plates to it. This question was geared more towards others that have recently purchased a newer Club Car Onward and if they were having the same issue.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:56 PM   #4
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

I'm sorry I just ASSUMED this was a kit and a build and did not come from the factory. There will be very few stretch owners in this group and the ones I have seen have built them. Anyhow for the money you spent if this is a brand new unit I would take it back and complain. I have a friend that has precedent 6 seater and it does not make this sound I know its apples and oranges but just sharing.
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #5
YoToddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No problem. I asked the same question over on Reddit and someone replied and said that he had a fleet of over 100 of them and none of them are making this noise.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:54 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
11lbs, 26Ē

Club Car

If its still under warranty I would take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

It sounds to me like suspension bushings, but too difficult to say just by listening over the internet.

Even the factory stretch carts are done with a stretch kit. They cut the frame and bolt the middle section back together. There should not be anything loose in the middle section but it depends on which disgruntled employee did the install. I would be checking if the bolts that hold the frame together are tight enough. Even if just one is loose you'll get noise if it moves.
But as I said, still under warranty, get it back to the dealer and have them look at it. I would think that should be covered.
Fairtax4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car