lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2022, 01:28 PM   #11
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2five Parasitic Drain

I agree with ojo, the Danaher is a stout controller. I've heard of controllers getting scrambled but never came across one myself. I would disconnect the pack negative and positive for at least 1 hr. Make sure everything is connected and reconnect the power. It might restart the controller.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #12
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A current draw of 150 milliamps at 50 volts amounts to 7.5 watts. That should generate enough heat to locate what is dissipating the power. You might check suspect areas for a slight elevated temperature with a handheld infrared
thermometer.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:09 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just want to throw something in here that often gets overlooked. Even though you state the drain is in the accessory circuit, this is still worth checking.

How clean are your battery cases? do you rinse them off occasionally with a Bicarbonate solution? If not, a simple experiment may or may not prove a point.

Set your volt meter to a low volt scale and place the negative probe on pack negative terminal, then with the positive probe, trace around the battery tops. Not the terminals, just the plastic casings. You will always see some stray voltage present but very minimal. If you are showing fairly high readings, simply washing the batteries down with bicarb, rinsing and drying them off may just help solve the problem. If this is what is happening it may not show up with the infrared gun.

I cannot help with the controller/display issue though.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #14
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtdy21 View Post
Sent the onboard charger in to have the internal reducer checked. Will see what they find.

Otherwise, I tracked daily voltage drop about a year ago and logged for a week when I wasn't using it. Voltage was dropping daily, but I don't recall how much now. I think it was some number of tenths of a volt per day but I thought it was more than I wanted to see lost over an entire pack. Load tested everything I could access without major disassembly and no luck. I was suspecting something with hard to access wiring that I couldn't unplug like a 12v cigaret outlet or turtle switch behind the dash, but when looking at the wiring diagrams I think I covered those when pulling fuses. From what I understand, the 2five is based on the RXV with some differences and additions to make it a LSV.

Also, just wanted to say, I am listening to you about normal drop that may happen. Maybe that will be what we find here, but fingers crossed there is just a gremlin in the onboard charger/reducer that a repair will take care of.
Did the 150 milliamp drain stop when you removed the reducer?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO