lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 02:51 AM   #1
Cboyter604
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo TXT Rear Axle Wrap

Hey I am curious if anyone has added a set of shackles to the front of the rear leaf springs in order rotate the axle backwards. The purpose is to gain more clearance between the rear tire and the body. As of now it clears the body fine, however, when you get 2 or 3 people on the cart and hit a bump it rubs. When I rebuilt the cart I made some rear adjustable shackles, so I could offset the height difference from the adding the front shackles by going into a different hole in the rears. I know on the front mount for the leaf springs there is limited space space between the frame and the battery tray, which is only the real limitation that I can think of at the moment. This is on a 2013 TXT 48V. Just looking for input to see if anyone else has ever done this or something similar to alleviate this problem. Attached is a drawing of what I am wanting to do in case this does not make sense to someone.

Thanks,

Corey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo_axle_wrap.jpg (16.4 KB, 0 views)
Cboyter604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2022, 09:32 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo TXT Rear Axle Wrap

I think I see 2 pivot points in the design which may allow for the extensions to fold up. The taller shackles in the rear alone should give you added tire to body clearance....... or just go with a small 3 inch lift kit
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, if you hit do front and rear shackles you now have nothing to prevent the axle from shifting forwards and back as well as up and down in little arcs. They only put one set of shackles on it so that the diff is in a stable position relative to the rest of the cart.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:06 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I actually had one come into the shop like that. Think rocking chair. Every time you hit the brakes the axle stops first then the rest of the cart swings back & forth. Scary to drive & I'm sure it will tear things up, but the customer wasn't interested in changing it.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:46 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You could weld in some lower front mounting points to achieve what you are trying to do. Excuse my drawing skills
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp 1.jpg (18.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2022, 10:46 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I actually had one come into the shop like that. Think rocking chair. Every time you hit the brakes the axle stops first then the rest of the cart swings back & forth. Scary to drive & I'm sure it will tear things up, but the customer wasn't interested in changing it.
That's a perfect description for what my mind was trying to think that would act like! LOL. Something like that'd make my passengers motion sick!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:41 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I see Scotties art classes are working LOL.

I think lowering the front of the spring with a solid bracket would be the only option unless you can see a way of shifting the axle back on the spring an inch.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:42 AM   #8
Cboyter604
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

meimk & bronsonj I thought about that in terms of the rocking chair effect but I have coils on the rear and thought that maybe it would minimize that. I believe that scottyb has the more reasonable option of welding on some drop brackets, but I really do not want to have to grind off that linex and get it resprayed. I orginally had it in the shackle hole above the current one but it made the cart squat and the ride was very stiff. Anymore ideas would be great. Attached are some actual images that might help. Thanks fellas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1702.jpg (215.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1703.jpg (221.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1705.jpg (207.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1707.jpg (225.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1708.jpg (224.8 KB, 0 views)
Cboyter604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I see Scotties art classes are working LOL.

I think lowering the front of the spring with a solid bracket would be the only option unless you can see a way of shifting the axle back on the spring an inch.
You think I should get a refund?
Old 05-10-2022, 10:47 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, ezgo, shackle, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO