lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 09:54 PM   #1
c.rankin1987
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 txt refresh advice

just grabbed a 2007 36v txt from a guy at work. Long story short the cart was a work machine and then given to coworker for use around his house/garden when it wasn't needed any longer. he parked the cart when it needed new batteries a few years ago where it sat until i grabbed it this week. So im here to ask the experts on what the best path forward is. the cart will be used around the neighborhood and maybe at my hunting property a few times a year. when its dry. neighborhood is all paved but some decent hills, hunting property has well groomed trails and pretty flat. looking to keep the budget tight initially but dont want to be short sighted either as ill most likely do it up in a few years when the day care bill eases up. Items that are on the must do list are 1. batteries 2. rear seat 3. new wheels/tires (current tires are foam filled). basically looking for advice on what i could/should do while im getting it back up and running. ive been trying to do some reading but spring is such a busy season for me i hope maybe this will condense my research time. thanks in advance
c.rankin1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2022, 09:31 AM   #2
iwashmycar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 txt refresh advice

I did the same to an 07.

Started w this:

Got it to here with about $2K

Its been great.

My advice would be - before anything verify the motor works. Then get it cleaned up, new batteries and probably new cables. Make sure the undercarriage where the batteries sit isnt rusted out.
Get the dead batteries w the cart if you can - most take cores or itll cost you more.

-Dont forget the charger! Make sure it works too as they are pricey (you want one that charges and turns off - not the cheap eBay ones.) And always plug it in no matter what...keep them topped off!

-Dont go way too large on wheels as it can take away torque you need for the hills if they are too big - you might buy one of the "chips" they sell to up that. I did the "Freedom chip" for an extra 4-5mph on mine since my whole area is flat.

-If you buy a windshield, buy-once-cry-once. Get the 1/4" thick one...the Strech Plastics ones are NICE.

After that you can rehab the rest as you please...they are super simple to work on!
iwashmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Budget Friendly - get new batteries and wait a few years until your ready to spend.
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #4
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Lithium is expensive but will last longer than the Lead Acid types and it will be useful when you decide to upgrade it..... just a thought... :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Understanding and setting a budget is really needed when looking for advice like this.

You can go simple from FLA batteries, spindle lift, wheels, and tires for less 2K
OR
Lithium, 48V AC Conversion, Jakes long-travel, wheels and tires for well over 5k

Neighborhood has "decent" hills... Do you mind going up said-hills at 5 MPH or do you want to power through them? My Series 36v cart will climb hills easy, but my 6 year old can walk faster doing so! :)

I guess what I'm saying is that you have to start defining your expectations of the vehicle before anyone here can give you opinions/suggestions on how to spend your money.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:13 AM   #6
c.rankin1987
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
Understanding and setting a budget is really needed when looking for advice like this.

You can go simple from FLA batteries, spindle lift, wheels, and tires for less 2K
OR
Lithium, 48V AC Conversion, Jakes long-travel, wheels and tires for well over 5k

Neighborhood has "decent" hills... Do you mind going up said-hills at 5 MPH or do you want to power through them? My Series 36v cart will climb hills easy, but my 6 year old can walk faster doing so! :)

I guess what I'm saying is that you have to start defining your expectations of the vehicle before anyone here can give you opinions/suggestions on how to spend your money.
I was worried i was too vague to get any good info back. im thinking budget of 2-3k at this point. budgeting 1k for batteries, 1k for wheels/tires and rear seat and then another 1k for any hiccups i find or upgrades that really are worth it.
c.rankin1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:33 AM   #7
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.rankin1987 View Post
I was worried i was too vague to get any good info back. im thinking budget of 2-3k at this point. budgeting 1k for batteries, 1k for wheels/tires and rear seat and then another 1k for any hiccups i find or upgrades that really are worth it.
Then I think you're likely in the "first option" camp. Do what you really need, and if you have money left over, you could do a PlumQuick motor and stay 36V.

Would I like a 48V cart? Sure, but the very little that I'm trying to run "balls out" doesn't make sense for any sort of $2,000+ investment (wooded/gravel trails around house). I just got new batteries that allows us to run longer/stronger and I'm happy for now. Maybe I'll do a PQ upgrade in the future, but for what I have invested (<$4,000 with new batteries) I'm very happy with my 03 Series.

However, if you're riding mostly in a neighborhood with 30MPH paved roads, you may not be happy putting along at 12MPH. All about use-case.

Cart.jpg
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO