lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
Nascarfastcar
Not Yet Wild

Default 3pg timing question

When rebuilding and removing/installing the pulsar plate I marked the original position and the plate and had timing marks near the pulsar where to realign the screw. You can see the marks on the picture at the top right. In the picture below you can see the alignment mark is probably at 3/4 of the slot and that's where I put it back at. I've noticed the manual and some people state to just center the screws in the center of the slots. I've also seen a few other images of other people who had similar timing marks as mine (looks to be advanced a bit?)
I've rebuild this engine a year ago but I'm experiencing what seems to be detonation at high rpms... Could this timing be to advanced? It's how it was from the factory it seems. The cart say for about 20 years before I took it apart and everything seemed to have never been touched.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200412_144031.jpg (117.9 KB, 0 views)
Nascarfastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2022, 02:24 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 3pg timing question

I remember a discussion about this a while ago. Even though the book shows it as centered, I remember finding something about it being offset a little. I've always kept that in the memory banks.

I think that the centering on the 3pg is just a starting point.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:09 PM   #3
Nascarfastcar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 3pg timing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I remember a discussion about this a while ago. Even though the book shows it as centered, I remember finding something about it being offset a little. I've always kept that in the memory banks.

I think that the centering on the 3pg is just a starting point.
I just found a picture of this engine (rusty one lol) and another 3pg I did years before. And they both have that offset timing... So I guess you go by the marks. Don't get the detonation problem at higher rpms. Could be the gas or the carbs leaned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_3179399265412287.jpg (119.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg received_263891211280369.jpg (80.1 KB, 0 views)
Nascarfastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO