lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2022, 06:55 AM   #1
EJohnsen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Navitas Throttle Delay Help

So I did the throttle calibration and now have a delay when I press the accelerator pedal and the cart will roll backwards like it is in neutral.

Can help me what adjustment I need to make in the Navitas app to fix this? It is super annoying.

Thanks
EJohnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2022, 08:03 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas Throttle Delay Help

Which cart and which controller? Is the delay from a dead stop or when lifting the pedal and re-accelerating?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:30 AM   #3
EJohnsen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Which cart and which controller? Is the delay from a dead stop or when lifting the pedal and re-accelerating?
2009 YDRE with complete Navitas conversion 600A and motor. 400A solenoid. It is just from a dead stop, probably a 1.5 second delay
EJohnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:52 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not sure about Navitas but with Alltrax there is a "Turf" mode vs "Street" mode that greatly softens the initial throttle response so you don't spin the tires on a wet grass golf course. I hate that feel and set it to "Street". Maybe Navitas has a similar mode.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:17 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know how it is with the conversion kit, my TAC2 controller came ready calibrated for the RXV. I'd call the Navitas support to solve the delay issue. Another point is the roll back, i've noticed the same after the Navitas installation, never had this before with the Danaher controller. But with the Yamaha, you should be able to hold the cart with the integrated wet brake? The RXV has no mechanical brakes, my solution at the moment is, to lift the brake pedal before it stops completely ( if possible ). That helps to reduce the roll back, which i think is a weak point of the Navitas.

BTW
In the Navitas app, there was a ( experimental ) anti-roll back setting, but it dosn't exist any longer after the firmware update ( 8... )
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha