lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2022, 07:41 PM   #1
kaz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy 03 CC DS 48v won’t move…

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.

2003 Club Car DS 48v
SN AQ318-279943

I am at my wits end with this thing. Bought it used off another person in the campgrounds last spring, was running fine last year on the batteries that came with it. Wasn’t able to get up to camp until middle of June this year and batteries were dead obviously. Couldn’t get it to charge because they were too dead, tried to give them a boost and discovered that one of the wires had completely corroded off of the battery terminal. Oh that must be the problem! Replace the wires, still wouldn’t charge, after a lot of troubleshooting and testing with a voltmeter discovered that the batteries were from 2015, completely dead, and not holding a charge at all. Went and spent a grand on six new US batteries figuring that that would fix it. I was wrong. Still wouldn’t move, solenoid clicking twice but not engaging. Charger also would not come on, I figured that was because they’re showing over 50v on the meter. (I do get a click, the needle doesn’t move though. Replaced the charger parts last year) After two straight days trying to figure it out at camp, I loaded it up on the trailer and brought it back from Ohio to Pittsburgh so I could work on it at home.

I’ve read basically every thread in these forums where people were having the same issue and did all of the troubleshooting that I could so far; put in a new solenoid yesterday, tonight I just put in a new reverse forward switch (intermittently buzzes—takes a few minutes to get up to full volume but it never worked correctly. Never had an issue with going in reverse though), cleaned every connection I could find with electrical cleaner, unhooked my aftermarket lights completely, tightened all the bolts, etc. I don’t know what I should check next as I am getting a bit frazzled with it all. I’m hoping it’s not one of the more expensive parts that needs replacing — my credit card is going to catch on fire

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much :)
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 03 CC DS 48v won’t move…

I'm not a CC expert but it sound like maybe your OBC isn't allowing the cart to run. There is a procedure in the sticky to reset the OBC. You should try that especially since you had the battery issues.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:53 AM   #3
kaz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I'm not a CC expert but it sound like maybe your OBC isn't allowing the cart to run. There is a procedure in the sticky to reset the OBC. You should try that especially since you had the battery issues.
Sorry for the late reply…I have done this a few times now throughout the last week when I had some time and it’s still not moving :(

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2022, 10:34 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I believe there is an inline fuse holder in this cart below the charge receptacle. Yellow in color
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:23 PM   #5
kaz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I believe there is an inline fuse holder in this cart below the charge receptacle. Yellow in color
Fuse looks good to me
Old 08-19-2022, 03:10 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

A failed OBC can still "lockout" the controller. Try running a jumper wire from the neg side of the charger socket (stud at the clear plastic fuse case on the back of the charge receptacle) to pack - post. See if that allows your charger to run.
To see if the OBC may have locked out your controller see the sticky thread: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=114227
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1932.jpg (91.4 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:38 PM   #7
kaz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
A failed OBC can still "lockout" the controller. Try running a jumper wire from the neg side of the charger socket (stud at the clear plastic fuse case on the back of the charge receptacle) to pack - post. See if that allows your charger to run.
To see if the OBC may have locked out your controller see the sticky thread: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=114227
Update

I replaced the charging receptacle over the weekend because it was looking raggedy anyways and the part was cheap. Rechecked my voltage on the pack and it was down to 48.7 so I plugged the charger in and it kicked on. Leaving it plugged in overnight, I have a free day tomorrow and I’m going to try and run it again and do some more troubleshooting.

I have motor brushes, an mcor, and a speed sensor on deck in the garage…if I can figure it out without those things then I will just send them back
Old 08-24-2022, 10:26 PM   #8
kaz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Todays update: still not running

Batteries charged fine overnight and the charger is kicking on and off as it should. Ran through the OBC reset procedure but noticed that the solenoid is now clicking intermittently rather than on each pedal push. Threw the new MCOR on, no change. Ready to throw in the towel honestly. My brain is overloaded with the troubleshooting and I feel like I’m going to mess something up even more. Starting to think I should just concede and haul it into the shop.

Tags
club car, mechanical, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car