lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift Kits

the problem with a jakes is it is exactly like the fatory spindle only higher. if you have a worn front end, you will need to replace all worn components. an a arm or a supersport will replace all these components

also if your camber is off with a jakes good luck getting it back!

I have put my 7.5 inch supersport through hell with the big block cart and the limo i lifted for a friend. both still holding up well!

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #12
samg713
Not Yet Wild

I was all set on buying an all sport 7.5 inch super sport lift but the club car dealer tried to scare me away from any aftermarket lift. He made a good point about keeping the front suspension stock and said putting the heavy duty struts on top of the axle was a bad idea in aftermarket lifts.

I am a little confused now but am leaning towards the factory one now. I won't be doing much off roading but want a nicer ride that the bigger tires will hopefully provide
samg713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Personally I wouldn't buy what the dealer guy told you cause many members here have that super sport lift and havn't heard of them having those issues.mYou should get TahoeDawgs opinion on this. He works at a dealer. Scotty can also help you out.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #14
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Allsports 6" Super Sport Lift Kit, rides good, all new components up front, new bots everything, easy to install! The only thing that is really stock is the hubs, shocks, tie rod and steering. Not put the others down just like this one. Good Luck

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #15
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

personally i would never cut the frame to put on a lift if that is what the factory one is. just a personal opinion though.

also if you have a stock motor the 6 inch lift is way enough for the size tires it allows. it takes some power to turn 26 inch meat teh 7.5 lift allows.

just my .02

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Personally I wouldn't buy what the dealer guy told you cause many members here have that super sport lift and havn't heard of them having those issues.mYou should get TahoeDawgs opinion on this. He works at a dealer. Scotty can also help you out.
Thanks for the recommendation. I've already given my opinion earlier in the thread but I'll do it again. I've seen and driven all of them, and the bottom line is this... You will NEVER find a kit as solid as the factory kit. It handles better than anything else and has no more body roll than a cart at standard height. Lots of the spindle kits increase body roll and make them unstable. They also put more wear and tear on the front end because of the extra leverage due to the long length of the spindle. Camber adjustment can be a nightmare because minor adjustments can be amplified drastically because of their size. Me being a Precedent owner went with the All-Sports A-Arm lift, which I'm extremely happy with, considering the fact that there is no factory kit for this vehicle. If there was, I would have gone that route without any hesitation. That's how impressed I am with that kit. Don't fear cutting the frame. It's simple and you won't regret it. The only downfall you'll find with the factory kit is that it won't allow for anything taller than a 22" tire.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
Cinrock
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The steering response I experienced after the lift was by far tighter than the original. Hasn't diminished after 2 years of use.

This is a high quality kit and i can't see how anything from Club Car would be any better without costing a fortune. I don't go off road so the strength of the Jakes kit didn't play into my decision. I just liked the look of the All Sports better.

Just my 2 cents.
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
Vceliberti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What did you go with?
Vceliberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #19
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jakes 6" Spindle Lift Very Easy To Install:

All Sports 6" Super Sport Kit:

rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #20
MikeJafo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

After doing the research and considering all of the opinions here, I just ordered a 6" A Arm lift kit w/HD springs. I looked at the factory one too, the cutting part scared me away. Also bought a rear seat flip kit, some 10" bullet hole alum wheels & 22" tires - hope to have it all together in time for the local Christmas parade (ahem, sorry Holiday is the PC term but I don't celebrate "Holiday") . If it's not ready, I have to pick which of three kids gets to ride while the other two hoof it! I'll post some pics when I get it done.
MikeJafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car