lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage reading question

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-boy View Post
I probably made a mistake and bought a cheap state of charge meter, it is the 48 v model. I was looking at the meter at rest and thought i was getting close to 50%, but after a afternoon trip w/ kids the cart suddenly started going slower. I did make it home and voltage tested the pack and got 46.?? I will need to remember that 50% on my meter is about 20-30% in reality. Do yall think I hurt the pack by doing this one time. I am only on the second full charge now. thx.....
la-boy,

That's the point I was trying to make. Sorry if I was unclear. Don't trust you meter installed on your cart. Take the readings at rest often and compair them to your meter and go from there. Now that you have them all charged up, take a reading with your DMM and compair it to your installed volt meter. Drive it for a while and take the readings again and compair the 2 until you are comfortable with your volt meter compaired to your DMM. You don't want to take them down to 46v very often.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-boy View Post
I probably made a mistake and bought a cheap state of charge meter, it is the 48 v model. I was looking at the meter at rest and thought i was getting close to 50%, but after a afternoon trip w/ kids the cart suddenly started going slower. I did make it home and voltage tested the pack and got 46.?? I will need to remember that 50% on my meter is about 20-30% in reality. Do yall think I hurt the pack by doing this one time. I am only on the second full charge now. thx.....
See if you can return that POS Chinese meter and get one made by Curtis.
Read this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ery-meter.html
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

thanks fo rthe info. I will get on a routine for the next 10-12 charge cycles.
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car