lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
cdodd3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New Chrome Air Filter

I added a chrome cone air filter to my cart. It seems like it helps performance a little. I haven't got a chance to open it up and gps the top speed (clutch has been messed up due to my stupid actions). It definetly makes it lounder due to sucking more air. I would like to combo it with a new exhaust. Is their any problems that could come of not running the stock intake air filter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air filter.jpg (43.5 KB, 61 views)
cdodd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Chrome Air Filter

cdodd3,

I LIKE it!! You may get deep into a Jetting issue with the carb if you go to changing too much more. The more open element filter you are using my cause your machine to run a little lean, and if you replace the exhaust with an "Open Type" you will REALLY need to re-jet. I am in the process right now on trying to figure out how to jet mine that i got from Steveb. It has a 38mm Mikuni carb and an expansion chamber and muffler off of maybe a dirt bike? I bet it would REALLY scream with that on her, but the jetting is WAY OFF! Running way to rich. I am running stock right now. Mine is also a 2 stroke.

I am going on and on here! But i hope i answered your question. As long as you keep the setup you have now, u should be fine!!

Anyone want to add to this!?! This is my $0.02!! Expect a bill in the mail! I DO take Paypal!!

Jon
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
cdodd3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GoingJon View Post
cdodd3,

I LIKE it!! You may get deep into a Jetting issue with the carb if you go to changing too much more. The more open element filter you are using my cause your machine to run a little lean, and if you replace the exhaust with an "Open Type" you will REALLY need to re-jet. I am in the process right now on trying to figure out how to jet mine that i got from Steveb. It has a 38mm Mikuni carb and an expansion chamber and muffler off of maybe a dirt bike? I bet it would REALLY scream with that on her, but the jetting is WAY OFF! Running way to rich. I am running stock right now. Mine is also a 2 stroke.

I am going on and on here! But i hope i answered your question. As long as you keep the setup you have now, u should be fine!!

Anyone want to add to this!?! This is my $0.02!! Expect a bill in the mail! I DO take Paypal!!

Jon
Thanks. Most likely I will leave it as is and not get to crazy with it. It is just for the deer lease and the neighborhood.
cdodd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

as long as you got sealed filtered air your good to go
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds good to me... Nice experiment. Did you end up removing the old air filter unit ? Got a new photo ??? Gotta love mods..

Can you provide the purchase info for this air unit & are the replacement filters readily available ? I want it all !!!!
Thanks.. Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdodd3 View Post
I added a chrome cone air filter to my cart. It seems like it helps performance a little. I haven't got a chance to open it up and gps the top speed (clutch has been messed up due to my stupid actions). It definetly makes it lounder due to sucking more air. I would like to combo it with a new exhaust. Is their any problems that could come of not running the stock intake air filter?
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello cdod,

Keep the filter clean and spray it with filteroil.
If you have a good filter, it gives almost no extra wear and some extra performance.
In your case a little quicker response on the pedal because of the shorter distance from filter to engine.
Maybee also a bit at high revs but i'm afraid with your lower revs more noise as power.

EZ Going John,

If your twostroke is a EZGO, your carb could be to big.
A to big carb gives not enough airspeed.
38mm are on 125 cc icc shifter cart raceengines with up to 14.000 revs and 45 HP
They have a very small powerband at high revs, which is not a big problem because of the gearbox.
So definitely not your thing.
(All this as far as i know the EZGO Twostrokers / revs on them)

On my 4 stroke is 30mm / ventury 22mm the max.
Up to aboud 4500 revs it burps and has less power as a 25 /20 mm.
At higher revs 7-9000 a 30 / 22 mm has more.

Without the lotterywinning luck just an exhoust will bring nothing on a twostroke.
Its the combination of carb, engine and exhaust which does it.
A twostroker needs backpressure and a designed form / length of the system for real extra performance.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO