lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: think i found a deal

I would think it is the 295cc and not the 350cc.
Smoking is probably coming from rings and would need to be pulled down to inspect and check clearances to determine just rings, piston and rings or bore, piston and rings. will need to inspect the cam and rockers as well, they seem to be a weak point.
Either way you are getting a good deal on it and can afford to spend some on it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a 295 or 350 more than likely. If it runs i would give it a test drive and listen for any noise in the clutch.
doozerann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
ThatguY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What exactly would i be listening for? is this an expensive weak link? like i said I can work on just about anything once i learn about it. just tryin to feel the situation out before i jump in. and what would it cost to do a good overhaul on one of these motors? and are there " stroker "kits or anything like that for these guys:) cant leave stuff stock!
ThatguY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

[QUOTE=ThatguY;551875]What exactly would i be listening for? is this an expensive weak link? like i said I can work on just about anything once i learn about it. just tryin to feel the situation out before i jump in. and what would it cost to do a good overhaul on one of these motors? and are there " stroker "kits or anything like that for these guys:) cant leave stuff stock![/QUOTE]

Read on Grasshopper! The sky is the limit!!!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...golf-cart.html
Old 04-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

A good clutch is smooth and quiet, any clatter or squeeling could be a $300 fix. But if you can get it for $350 or $400 and the bottom end is good, a rebuild is about $4-450 depends if it needs bored. sometimes we have to take the plunge. If it was me i would buy it. A 1995 e-z-go around here runs about 2k.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #16
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would think 500 was a good deal, at least it is around here.Here you can expect to pay 1500 on up for a mid 90's cart
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
ThatguY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

O.k. so i got the cart(500$) he wouldn't come off the price. so its a 94 its does smoke pretty good on the start mostly clears up after a few min., home made lift, 22" tire with good tread. minor fender rash. i got it home ran up and down t he block did good.............then sputtered to a stop! so i can run it for a few seconds the pull the choke and it will run about 15 feet or so then i have to repeat the process. did this a couple dozen times then it took off "fine" a little excess smoke then cleared up.??????????? what do yall think the prob might be?? it needs a little tlc dirty air filter prob fuel filter etc.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I would say since you are working with the unknown you need to start with a known baseline.
Get new tune up parts, plugs, filters, oil change with proper amount. If you continue to have to use the choke pull the carb, clean it but don't stop there. Clean fuel tank, blow out or replace fuel lines, clean fuel pump and while you are at it check your yard gas can for trash in the bottom.
You don't know how many carbs I have done just to have to redo because of dirty filler can.

If it only smokes when starting and clears up you could possibly get away with just replacing valve seals and without pulling the head. That can be tricky if you don't have the proper tools,( air compressor and spark plug thread adaptor)
Do the tune up first and go from there.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #19
ThatguY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sounds good ill try those first. like i said this is just a few hours old so it deff. is going to need a little tlc. what oil goes in these things(standard motor oil?). Btw i did check the oil and it was clean and maybe a little over filled. I,ve also replaced valve stem seals before in several vehicles in this same manor so i an familiar if it comes to that.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #20
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thatguy, if ya find out what the problem is let me know, mine is doing the same thing. Thanks doozerann
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO