lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool Re: battery poll what is a better battery trojan or interstate

I'm just someone who does his due dilligance. In today's world you have to do your homework. Battery packs are not cheap. Club Car was with Trojan for how long and all of a sudden they go to someone else their batteries. That in itself should be a red flag.

I'm not knocking trojans or interstates, I have had servicable experiences with them, but crowns are my preference. Scottyb, I will get some comparisons together for you.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: battery poll what is a better battery trojan or interstate

I work in an industry where safety should be paramount. We make business decisions on suppliers not based on quality but almost soley on cost. I would never consider a company's choice of OEM supplier as a reccomendation or even tacit approval of the part. CCs choice of battery supplier might mean that they are using the best but could just as easily mean they are using the cheapest cost to them. The best place to find out which is actually better is places like this forum.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
Merk5speed
Not Yet Wild

From my limited knowledge I have come to the conclusion its the best price and the merchant. Both have similar warranties.
Merk5speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wink Re: battery poll what is a better battery trojan or interstate

Safety is paramount in any industry. Quality is what keeps customers coming back for more product. I understand cost is an important factor, but if it won't last it is a complete waste of money. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have sold Crowns for 5 yrs. We know their track record. It is much better than when they first came on the scene If Trojan could rein in their prices they could control the market once again. I would hate to put big money on either Company in a side by side actual comparison.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #16
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
....And how or where would we get the information you mentioned for a true comparison?
autopsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jegs-composite-pry-bar-set.jpg (58.7 KB, 101 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #17
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know that we have had best luck with the trojans in the past.... and yes maintenance is key in battery life...

I went through the forums this weekend and got a lot of info, I found a lot of people that live in parks that go from one unit to the next with a few drinks seem to get the most out of there batteries..... but they are not using them as we are in our market. I have already sent out "demo" sets and will see how they do in the future, but that wont come for another few years. I will bring them in once a year and do a run out test and will eventually see some progress in what they will do. I know in the specs that I have seen on all batteries were very similar when new...... what I want to find out is after 3 years of good maintenance what they run at????
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

oh ya....... Maybe club car is doing the same thing we are??? they have been using trojans for how long? and there price has never went down???? so I bet they look at a comparable battery with a better price???? I can save around $130 a set (36vlt) by going to interstates........ I know that we spend close to 1 million dollars a year in batteries, and we wont do anywhere close the what they will do in batteries.... that's a lot of cash in a down economy.....
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
NVme
Not Yet Wild

Howdy folks, I'd like to know if any of you have had any experience with the VMax battery? The price is comparable to some of the other high end AGM batteries, and I found a dealer who offers discounts on quantities greater than five (I need six) and free shipping.
NVme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:30 PM   #20
Jayts508
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Trojans are made in the U.S.A. doesn't anyone take that Into consideration anymore?? I'd rather pay a few bux extra knowing that it was made by our brothers, sister, father, mother's husband's wife's.....Etc!
Jayts508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts