lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
l7ja75a
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 EZGO gas M2497 not starting

The carb is spitting fuel into the air filter housing and I can get it to start after like five minutes of cranking on it and it will run for a little bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
l7ja75a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
l7ja75a
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1997 EZGO gas M2497 not starting

ok this sounds crazy, but i was working on it and i found that if i jiggle the wires by the solenoid i think it is that it will fire a little, but it is still putting gas into the air filter housing, any help would be appreciated
Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

float in carb sticking? might want to tear carb off and go over it oh and welcome.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
l7ja75a
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Shadowman. I figured out it was actually the ignitor had a loose wire. I got the cart running but the engine would race and when I tried to speed up or slow down it was really jerky, so I tried to fix the other wires coming from the ignitor and now I get no fire at all. I forgot to disconnect the battery before I cut the wires. Is there a fuse that I could have blown or maybe I ruined the ignitor?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there is no fuse that i,m aware of and it should not have ruined the ignitor by not unhooking the battery.......does the ignitor have that plastic squre connector or wires? i have seen a few of them where that plastic connector was at fault......not sure why but when bypassed or eliminated problem was solved.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
l7ja75a
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply. Ok, cool so no fuses to mess with, and yes it did have the square connector and the white wire was loose so I bypassed it and the cart ran then, but it wouldn't come to full speed smoothly or come to a stop without being jerky so I decided to bypass the other three wires and I did and now it won't get fire at all. I have taken loose and reconnected the wires three times to make sure they are making a good connection and they are. Do you have any other suggestions? Also, do you have any idea why it wouldn't start and stop smooth.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO