lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
bumblebeecart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lifting the 79 EZGO

While I plan to do plenty of looking around at the various BGW sponsor over time, can anyone tell me the best place to start to find a lift for my 79 EZGO?
bumblebeecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifting the 79 EZGO

I don't think that is going to happen. However here is an excellent thread from Plumbergs

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ts-o-pics.html
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
bumblebeecart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks,, is it safe to say that I am going to struggle finding many parts for this age cart? That is kind of what I am starting to think.
bumblebeecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Yes indeed and this is a predicament. The pre 1980 2PG had a different crankshaft, flywheel, starter generator and regulator all of which are now obsoleted. If your cart runs then I would suggest that you enjoy it. Whilst it is indeed your money and your call I would be wary of investing in the cart, for if you were to blow out the big end it would be all over. Now it could be argued that you could replace the engine with a big block or even a post 1980 2PG ( for which, ironicaly, there are a veritable cornucopia of parts) but you will still have a 1979 cart.

Good luck

Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 12-03-2011 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: early morning dyslexia
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO