lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Jeffrow68
Not Yet Wild

Default Resistor to controller help

I bought a 90 model club resistor cart for my kids, it has a lift kit and big tires. The v glide controller burned up and I need to change it. I am very interested in changing out to the v glide with a controller, as I have read on this forum that it should help with run time and possibly more torque.
I have studied threads relating to this conversion, but cannot find all the info I need. I plan to stay at 36v and use the same fnr switch and solenoid. If I get the pb6 throttle and matching 0-5k controller, do I need any thing else? Also, I cannot find a good wiring diagram in any of the threads, can someone that's done this please help with wiring instructions?
It seems like a project I can handle, I'm just unsure of the wiring. Also, any suggestions on a controller would be appreciated as I a, on a budget. Thanks
Jeffrow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Resistor to controller help

Hello Jeff, You need a budget of about $6-700 to do this conversion, even on a modest scale.
You will need to rewire and recable the entire system.
Are you good with making mechanical things?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Jeffrow68
Not Yet Wild

I am very mechanically inclined, just not too strong in the electrical field. I can make new 4ga cables no problem, also mounting the pb6 and linkage no problem. I found the pb6 for $85, just not sure about the controller or exactly how to wire it. Several threads mentioned your wiring diagrams, but I could not find them. Are there other parts that I need if I plan to stay at 36v?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You will need a matched controller and solenoid, maybe an F&R.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Jeffrow68
Not Yet Wild

I see that the nonprogammable 400a alltrax controllers are very budget friendly, is this a good option? The solenoid has to be replaced even if I stay at 36v? I want to do this as cheap as possible since I am on a very tight budget.

I did see an earlier thread where you posted a simplified wiring diagram for this setup but I cannot find it now. Do you still have this diagram? Thanks for your help, this forum is a good one.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may need to reconsider this project on a limited budget.

The non-programmable Alltrax controls are not suitable, in fact discontinued because of the high failure rate in applications such as you are contemplating.

Solenoid must be matched or rated to work with the controller, this is why it must be upgraded and the cables also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car