lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Putting the two halves of the motor back together

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing a complete rebuild of a 85 EZ GO. Got the bearings pressed on the crankshaft by my local machine shop. Now when I try to put the two halves of the motor back together I can not get them close enough to get the bolts in so I can tighten them down and pull everything together. How did you guys do it? I'm thinking about taking the clutch side of the motor and the crankshaft back to the machine shop and have them press it into that side of the motor then I think that will get me close enough for the bolts to catch when I put the flywheel side on.

Matt
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Putting the two halves of the motor back together

It is good that they are a tight fit, that shows that the bearing seats are not worn. I smeared some 2 stroke oil on all the surfaces and then aligned the cases and the shaft. With a rubber mallet I was able to gently nudge the halves together until the 5 long bolts would just bite. Then using a criss cross pattern I could pull the halves together. Once they started to pull up I put a bead of sealing compound on the mating surfaces and sealed the deal, so to speak.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO