lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
wareaglecj
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Back-up Buzzer

There are some very good points brought up here that are hard to argue with. However, I feel that it all depends on what you use your cart for. Mine is used for hunting and I origianally left the buzzer on thinking it wouldn't be in reverse enough to matter. Wrong. After that first trip I could not unhook that *&#! buzzer fast enough. Nothing like sneaking a mile into the woods and find a tree blocking the fire break and have to do a 3-point turn around. Wow is that thing loud in the pre-dawn woods! Heck I should have just drove my atv down there with the muffler off...lol

Yes I realize that I am taking a risk, but that is my choice. This is not a camp cruiser with kids running around so it is a risk I am willing to take. And if there are animals around, I'm chasing them..
wareaglecj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareaglecj View Post
There are some very good points brought up here that are hard to argue with. However, I feel that it all depends on what you use your cart for. Mine is used for hunting and I origianally left the buzzer on thinking it wouldn't be in reverse enough to matter. Wrong. After that first trip I could not unhook that *&#! buzzer fast enough. Nothing like sneaking a mile into the woods and find a tree blocking the fire break and have to do a 3-point turn around. Wow is that thing loud in the pre-dawn woods! Heck I should have just drove my atv down there with the muffler off...lol

Yes I realize that I am taking a risk, but that is my choice. This is not a camp cruiser with kids running around so it is a risk I am willing to take. And if there are animals around, I'm chasing them..

Well that makes sense for hunting. Where you want to keep a low profile. And not peeve off other hunters near you as well. But last summer at my campground. Buddy came to our site in the evening. He parked in front of the fire pit. about 4 feet back. Stayed and had a few "POPS". He jumped in his cart. Thought it was in rev. WRONG. He gave it looking backwards to back up. And he was in fwd. Ran into the fire pit. He's lucky he didn't melt the front end off. That's the reason i wont un hook mine. Plus kids around the campground as well. Better be safer then sorry!!!!
ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess I'm a complete rebel and irresponsible because thats the first thing I've done on any of my carts. But then again, I cut the tags off my pillows also.

That buzzer annoys the hell out of me & all my friends.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #14
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutCole'd View Post
I guess I'm a complete rebel and irresponsible because thats the first thing I've done on any of my carts. But then again, I cut the tags off my pillows also.

I'm tellin
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have the best of both worlds. I hunt too. I installed a dash switch. If it is lit up red, the buzzer will sound....if it isn't red, it will be silent. Easy fix. Just break one of the leads to the buzzer with a lite up switch. This way when I camp or cruise the neighborhood, I can have a buzzer....when I hunt I can be stealthy.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
wareaglecj
Not Yet Wild

I like it DJ. Great idea...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
wareaglecj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
I'm tellin
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
Mandelon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutCole'd View Post

We just tell you its the buzzer......
Mandelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Lee Miners
Not Yet Wild

If the buzzer didn't work in the first place, i'ld guess it wouldn't drain your batteries. Did you check if the buzzer worked when connected across a battery of the correct voltage. 48 volts if your cart is 48 v, 36 if 36 volt and 12 volts if gas. More often than not, if the buzzer doesn't go, it's the micro switch.
Lee Miners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

I was guilty for a few weeks until otherwise straightened out by this group. I have seen the light! My gripe was the volumn of the buzzer. I have since reattached and muffled it with a piece of foam in the buzzer hole. Its now only heard while sitting in the cart, not from a mile away as before. My wife be happy that way.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car