lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 2003 club car 48v not moving

If pack voltage and wires are all tight and connected i would start by testing the solenoid, these often fail when the cart has been driven and heated up...then suddenly stopped...does your cart have a run/tow switch? if so put cart in tow and take back motor cover off...solenoid located on right side...with cart in tow attached jumper wire to two large post...then put cart back into run and see if it tries to move...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
2003ClubCarowner
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 club car 48v not moving

I have a 2003 club car 48v cart that stopped working. I was driving around the neighborhood, stopped for a minute and the cart would not move. Turned the key off and back on, nothing, no forward, no reverse, no power. No clicking sounds. The batteries are newer and fully charged but I still have nothing. Looking for help as where to start looking for the problem? I'm not good at electric at all, but willing the get my hands dirty to try and resolve the issue with some input. Thank you in advance.
Mike
2003ClubCarowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 club car 48v not moving

well start by making sure a battery cable didn,t come off or break......it happens..........check pack voltage you,ll need a voltage meter and if solenoid isn,t clicking jack rear of cart up and jump the 2 large post on solenoid, turn key on put in gear and hit pedal if cart runs then its either the microswitch that activates solenoid or the solenoid itself ( better chance its solenoid ) ..........but make certain all battery cables are hooked up and tight and you have good pack voltage ..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
2003ClubCarowner
Not Yet Wild

I put a jumper wire on the solenoid two large posts, put back in run and still have nothing. It appears that another jumper wire was already there, but it looked factory installed. Thank you for your help! Anymore ideas?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
2003ClubCarowner
Not Yet Wild

Battery pack is good, cables are all tight, good and clean, solenoid has been jumped, no clicks, still nothing.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

does the charger sill work if you put it on? have you checked the fuse on charge receptical under seat and in grey wire? try charger see if it works...................
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
2003ClubCarowner
Not Yet Wild

charger works, fuse is good, batteries are fully charged. I'm at a loss? Is there anyway I can check the ignition (key) switch or does that not matter with the solenoid jumped?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can check voltage at solenoid power wire with key off and then with key on see if voltage changes.....should be like 0 volts and then pack volts with key on.......i think.......if david reads this he will know more.............................
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

hmm should not be a factory jumper wire but you may be refering to a diode or resistor across the terminals....do you have a mulitimeter...if so put negative lead on main negative on battery pack and positive lead on small post on solenoid with red wire attached, with key off should have no voltage...with key on and pedal pressed should have should have pack voltage or between 48-50 volts...we can go from there
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
2003ClubCarowner
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I will give that a shot. Hopefully David reads this and can get helped out some more.
Thank you again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car