lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
hawk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me Cart

Us batteries are great batteries. I bought them for all our carts at my golf course.

One tip, they loveeeeee to sweat. So make sure to get some terminal protector for them to cut down corrosion and broken cables. I learned this the hard way. Lol
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #12
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am running the interstate 8v in my cart and couldnt be happier. We also run them in all of our Taylor Dunn carts at works have work great considering they are not maintained very well at all. They have been the carts at work for 2 years now.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer55616 View Post
Thanks for the help...lesson learned... Interstate is supposed to be US Batteries and I read that US Batts are good batteries. I dont want to make another mistake but, HOLY COW, are batteries expensive. Employee discount for an 12v is $125.... dont know 8v but I think I might as well convert it back now....

thanks again!
$125, that's a steal...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yep... they are regular NAPA deep cycle batteries... oh well (sigh)... looks like a lesson learned...THE HARD WAY!..lol. So I know Trojan batteries are the choice but what are the Interstate golf cart batteries like? I only ask because the company I work for recently added Interstate as a vendor and I can get them at employee cost....

thanks
DO NOT USE INTERSTATE BATTERIES!!!!! I had a neighbor that I thought was doing me a favor by getting me an employee discount on Interstate Batteries and they do work fine, but ever since the day that they've been installed they leak (boil over) and they corrode the post. I never had this problem with any other batteries. I have also taken them out and back to Interstate to test and they were all fine.
Pay the money and get Trojans or good battery brand.
Oh, and I too have 4 12v batteries.

Last edited by zx104u2nv; 07-05-2012 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: Update
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
DO NOT USE INTERSTATE BATTERIES!!!!! I had a neighbor that I thought was doing me a favor by getting me an employee discount on Interstate Batteries and they do work fine, but ever since the day that they've been installed they leak (boil over) and they corrode the post. I never had this problem with any other batteries. I have also taken them out and back to Interstate to test and they were all fine.
Pay the money and get Trojans or good battery brand.
Oh, and I too have 4 12v batteries.
That's weird I haven't any of those issues with my Interstate batteries or any of them being used in our plant.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #16
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to convert back to 8v next week, obviously I am going to have to buy new batt cables. Thats where I get a bit confused. This cart is going to be used for golf course use 99% of the time. It will be lifted, a little, and will still run turf tires albeit a bit bigger than stock. Stereo, Head/Tail lights, etc..

My question is, do I need those "monster" cables that Scottyb sells or can I buy a set of "regular" 4 ga cables? Also do I need just the 5 for batteries or do I need to replace all 13? Not sure I'm ready to tackle all 13 without possibly blowing something up....lol....
slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scotty also sells a set of sweet 4 gage cables..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My question is, do I need those "monster" cables that Scottyb sells or can I buy a set of "regular" 4 ga cables?
Either PM or E-Mail Scotty, he'll set you on the right path and won't sell you on something you don't need.

Quote:
Also do I need just the 5 for batteries or do I need to replace all 13? Not sure I'm ready to tackle all 13 without possibly blowing something up....lol....
If you go big, you'll need all of them.

Just changing the ones on the the batteries and not the motor is just like having the smaller cables on all of the system.

Just change 1 cable at a time, go slow, take pictures if you want to so that you can have a visual referance if needed, and you'll be just fine.

Trust me, if I can do it with all the problems I have, so can you.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'm going to convert back to 8v next week, obviously I am going to have to buy new batt cables. Thats where I get a bit confused. This cart is going to be used for golf course use 99% of the time. It will be lifted, a little, and will still run turf tires albeit a bit bigger than stock. Stereo, Head/Tail lights, etc..

My question is, do I need those "monster" cables that Scottyb sells or can I buy a set of "regular" 4 ga cables? Also do I need just the 5 for batteries or do I need to replace all 13? Not sure I'm ready to tackle all 13 without possibly blowing something up....lol....
Yeah as long as u change one at a time, its very simple. I believe Scottys set even comes color coded.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car