lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

Default Starting from Scratch

Hi guys,
I used to frequent this forum for my off road golf cart, just in the Ez-Go subforum. I have moved to a golf community and need a stock(ish) golf cart. I would like opinions as to which Club Car to start with. Incidently, my Ez-Go is for sale to fund this project ( http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...ting-cart.html ). I hate to sell the beast, but I really only need one cart.

I am required by club rules to get a '06 or new model cart. I do not desire to lift the cart, so stock tire sizes apply. I want to be able to go around 25 mph and adjust top speed (either through switch or programming controller). I understand the rules, amps (controller) = torque and gear ratio (tires, gears, motor) = speed, which are the same when I was building my hunting buggy that will run 30mph. I want to maintain regen braking. I also want 6-8volts.

I think that gives enough information to facilitate a discussion.
golferjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Starting from Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferjw1 View Post
I am required by club rules to get a '06 or new model cart. I do not desire to lift the cart, so stock tire sizes apply. I want to be able to go around 25 mph and adjust top speed (either through switch or programming controller). I understand the rules, amps (controller) = torque and gear ratio (tires, gears, motor) = speed, which are the same when I was building my hunting buggy that will run 30mph. I want to maintain regen braking. I also want 6-8volts.
From what I have read on here about the newer carts, it sounds like what would work best for you in the Club Car line would be a Precedent with the dealer installed stage 4 upgrade.

I don't have much experience with the new carts though, so you might want to wait for someone more knowlegeable than me for the recommendation.

Hope this helps,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
hanny
Getting Wild

club car is still the best riding best cart out there, ive had ezgo's and the club car is just better built, aluminum frame so its lighter. thats what i would choose. get an "off lease" club car for around half the new price.
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

My intent is to purchase a gently used CC, but my question is which model/type system would set up for the most convienant future upgrades. From what I can gather, Precedent is Sepex and DS is Series. Not sure what the Villager is and I have no idea what other types may have been offered a couple years ago. I assume DS models do not offer regen, so I believe I have answered my own question and should get a Precedent. I thought CC might also have a AC drive offering but I haven't found much information on anything stock.
golferjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2000 DS and a 2008 Precedent with the 12 volt battery setup. Both carts are 48 volt. I would definitely go with the 8 volt battery setup.

The Precedents are better built with a sturdier frame and ride very smooth and stock with speed setting 4 will go about 18 MPH.

I think the DS has more room in seating area and is more comfortable and the size of the battery compartment on the DS with the heat sink location makes the DS easier to work on. My DS is series, not IQ and that makes it easy to upgrade motors and controllers.

I am not sure there is an easy controller upgrade for my Precedent but reportedly there are a few motors that will get it to 25 mph.

My DS has a high speed GE motor and HD f&r, solenoid and 400 amp alltrax controller and it goes about 25mph.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car