lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: From 6 to 4 to 0 gauge, my wiring saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
No offense to you or Scott but I pmed him after speaking to him on the phone and got zero response so I've done things on my own. After looking at the costs involved his wire kits seem like a great deal but seeing as I already have comparable wire all I had to buy the lugs and shrink tubing. And when I'm done I get the satisfaction of knowing I built it myself. Same reason I built my own bumpers ,side skirts,access cover,kick plate and steering wheel insert... That's what a hobby is all about right?
yep your right thats what a hobby is all about, hard to beleive scotty blew you off that dosn,t sound like him but anyways good luck with it.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #12
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yep your right thats what a hobby is all about, hard to beleive scotty blew you off that dosn,t sound like him but anyways good luck with it.............................
Im not too worried about it, I know he helps a lot of people on here and makes a great wire set for a great price and really knows his **** with carts. He prob just got busy and missed my PM. But once I get my mind set on doing something Its impossible for me to patiently wait for a response from anyone, Ill just go figure it out on my own..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I went from stock wiring on a completely stock cart to 1/0 and 2/0 welding cable (2/0 on the battery pack only) and gained 1 mph as well as speed up hills.

BTW sending you a PM on a cheap trick to gain mph.
JohnDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
lmswest
Gone Wild

I built all my 0 gauge cables yesterday keeping all cables as short and clean as possible and Im pretty happy with it..
Cant say for sure if it picked up any mph or not but it held a steady 28 mph instead of fluctuating but that could have been the wind who knows. All I DO know is I have a dirt circle track around the oak tree in the front yard that was nice green grass a few days ago because donuts are SO much fun in this thing..
My neighbor buddy of mine doubted that it would burn out so I left a big ole rut in his front yard from stomping the go peddle!! In grass it will pretty much spin till I let off the pedal or turn the wheel !

I take that back I didnt build them all, I still have my 4 gauge going through the obc as I still need to get the parts I need to allthread it..
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
lmswest
Gone Wild

Well today I redid my # 6 battery cable going through the obc with a piece of all thread insulated and double nutted on each side and then went to test it and was a little surprised to get my highest mph yet 28.4 one direction and 28.6 the other direction because I thought it might be the wind but all my mph tests have been done on the exact same stretch of fairly rough blacktop that im pretty sure its flat..
Im pretty happy with that speed with stock tires!!!
Next up my allsport lift and taller tires. Hopefully with the extended front end it will b a little more stable..
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
lmswest
Gone Wild

anyone have the link to the tire size vs speed calculator? I cant seem to find it..
Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #17
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm on my iPhone right now but the stock tire measures 17.5 inches and not 18
Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDaMan View Post
I'm on my iPhone right now but the stock tire measures 17.5 inches and not 18
I know that but last month I found a calculator that would accept the 18x8.50x8 and calculate speed with 23s all I can find right now are ones that only accept car aspect ratios and its driving me nuts
Old 09-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Google golf cart speed calculator. Should pop up the one from this site
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
lmswest
Gone Wild

I did that as well John but I dont know the exact rpm of my motor and the one on this site requires it. I want one that I can put in 18x8.50x8 = 28.6 and have it tell me mph of a 23x10x12
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car