lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Default Re: Scottyb meter installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
8Point, do you really haul your cart like that... backwards? I would think if you went over 30mph you would loose your windsheild. Are you really hauling it that way?
ha,ha......Yep, I know it looks strange but that’s the only way it will fit on this trailer with the tailgate up. I do keep the windshield folded down. Sometimes I take it off. On long trips if I leave it on, I have used a pull strap around it in its folded down position. When it is folded down believe it or not it takes a good bit of force to push the bottom half off. I've pulled it 65 mph, no problem.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
ha,ha......Yep, I know it looks strange but that’s the only way it will fit on this trailer with the tailgate up. I do keep the windshield folded down. Sometimes I take it off. On long trips if I leave it on, I have used a pull strap around it in its folded down position. When it is folded down believe it or not it takes a good bit of force to push the bottom half off. I've pulled it 65 mph, no problem.

If you are hauling 50 down a 2 lane rd and a semi comes toward you going 50 mph the force of the wind on the windshield will be 100 mph (more or less) Make sure you tie it on good if you haul backwards.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Does anyone else have concerns about your top when hauling your cart down the road? I have the extended top and I get nervous about breaking or flying off. I don’t haul it over 60mph just to be safe. Are my concerns legit? Anyone every have an issue or same concerns?

I even get nervous about my windshield. I tow mine forwards with the window folded down and still get a little nervous about it.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you are hauling 50 down a 2 lane rd and a semi comes toward you going 50 mph the force of the wind on the windshield will be 100 mph (more or less).
Good point, scotty.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I used to haul a lot of carts around the freeways and I have certainly done 70+mph with windshields in the up position... If I folded them down I would want a safety strap around the 2 halves, vertically, if the cart was facing forward and horizontal if the cart faced the back. Only windshield I ever lost was a conventional gasket type install in an old Westy.

I only ran back after one roof and it was stock and not bolted on completely..... hauled many long tops without a problem at 60-65 mph behind an open pick up.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I use an enclosed 6 x 12 cargo trailer and and not been a concern
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I use an enclosed 6 x 12 cargo trailer and and not been a concern
You could leave your shirt on the seat, too!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You could leave your shirt on the seat, too!
LOL, Anyway I really like it but it was 3K, had it for a year with minimum once to golf course per week, a lot of times 2-3 times a week, I think it has paid for itself already, in golf winnings that is
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
LOL, Anyway I really like it but it was 3K, had it for a year with minimum once to golf course per week, a lot of times 2-3 times a week, I think it has paid for itself already, in golf winnings that is
In that case, put the shirt on a hanger in the closet in the trailer I've gone just the opposite, the minimalist way. I found a little old Uhaul trencher trailer, the kind that tilt. I extended the front and rear deck so a cart's front wheels just fit into a channel as the trailer deck tilts up.... insert pin, one front axle tie down, and away you go...... with the cart just 4 inches off the street. One thing I like about it is the trailer only weighs 500 pounds but it has truck size tires on it for freeway stability. Love the drop axle.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #20
camodude1954
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Took someone's advice and wired it to the ignition, but it still stays on all the time. I guess maybe the next thing to try could be to wire it to a toggle switch. Don't guess it hurts for it to stay on all the time, but thought if it did it could cause it to eventually burn out. Make sense?
camodude1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car