lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought my first one.

My G16 with the full Plowman's setup hits 32mph easily with 2 of us at 4k RPM - once i get everything broken in and dialed in I'm pretty much figuring an easy 35+ on 23" tires at right around 4500RPM ... That's on the GPS so it's fairly accurate (I believe)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My G9 ran about 5K rpm on 22s at 28-30mph gps depending on the surface (28 on dirt). All stock clutches but massaged a little, though it does not affect speed really. No governor, no limiter.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

My G1, mostly stock, full rebuild, except Plowman's rear clutch kit and muffler. Tops out at 26 mph on pavement with gps. Takes a stretch to get it there. I'd say 20-22mph is fairly safe and gets there quickly. That last 4-5 mph is asking alot.

Anyone breaking 30 mph without motor mods is doing great. Yeah, gears will give 8-10 more, I'd agree. It's mostly about rpm though, and the stock engines just don't rev too high, so gears it must have.

Darn, did I just sound like Yoda?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I like Yamaha Suspensions!!!Yes Sho,You sound like Yoda!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
AZ_ROB
Not Yet Wild

That is why I was posting I thought the speed was up there also. I was figuring the gears have been changed. It does have taller tires but not much over stock I still have to be able to use it to golf. Will get some photos up this week. have many more items I need to think about purchasing for it.
AZ_ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

A G1 will rev high because its a 2 stroke, but the 4 stroke carts seem to hit around 5K and that is it (which is inline with other small low rpm engines they are similar to).

Slo that G1 will go a lot faster if you want it to. I was for sure over 30 mph with a totally stock appearing cart inside and out. Does take a while to wind them up.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha