lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
steiny
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Broken clutch weight G9

Can you fix/replace the weight or do you have to buy a whole new clutch?
steiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: Broken clutch weight G9

Not completely sure on the G9 but I did rebuild the primary on my G1. Ordered the weights, pins and nylon retainer washers. Cleaned the primary thoroughly and checked for any damage to the parts and that everything was in spec. Lightly greased the sliding sheave per the manual and reassembled all. Works like a champ. The down side was that I ordered thru a vendor who ordered from Yamaha and it took a while. Parts might be easier for the G9. Difficulty level is a 3 on a 1 to 10 basis.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

You can replace the weight and pins. But, I would recommend changing all 3 weightsand the pins at the same time. If one broke, most likley the other 2 are loose and will go soon.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I cheaped out, and just bought one clutch weight for mine. Mine is a G2 which I think is almost identical to the G9. I changed mine without even removing the whole assembly. I just took the belt off, and pushed the clutch in as far as it would go, and I was able to take the allen wrench and loosen the set screws, and slide the weight, and pin out, and just replace it where it was. I didn't have an impact handy at the time, and couldn't get it to come loose with a 1/2 breaker bar.....so I had to try other ways, and it worked perfect. Took about 10 minutes! lol
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha