lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
michaelleiterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G2 Clutch Kits?

Has anyone installed one of the performance clutch kits from say BU or Plowmans? And if so, how much better does the cart run?
michaelleiterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Clutch Kits?

Lots of people have just be careful what one you get. Plowmans really knows his stuff as does CPP. If you get an ebay one for example that someone has not tried you never know, some of them kill your top speed. Make sure you get the spacer for behind the secondary as the big spring will trash the snapring. It keeps the rpm up when you climb hills and such. I never ran one I did some other mods. Then got a cut sheave and really like that (some springs come with those). Also have a CPP HD kevlar belt that really helped it respond better. Also check your tension cable they bog if its broke or missing. I plan to get a umax spring, I did stretch my stock one, and my cart never bogged after that and the new tension cable and a good belt on it. Now I put a clone in and don't have that issue, but it does not work perfect either. Overall it does work fairly well though, actually better with the clone power, I should not complain about it. Last week took off my secondary sheave found it was very worn, just got a new cut one to put on. It might make a big difference as I didn't realize how trashed my old one was. Lots of wear on the sheaves makes them shift worse.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha