lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
nunezjx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1987 Marathon drive clutch will not fully engage

I put the cart up on a jack and it does the same thing with the wheels off the ground. They turn, just slow. I looked at a couple of videos on YouTube with some drive and driven clutches in them. My drive clutch does not close all the way to force the belt closer to the edges of the drive clutch. Does this sound like a bad drive clutch? If I take the belt off and rev the engine, the drive clutch closes all the way and pops back when I let off the gas. I am not sure what wore weights would look like. It just seems like the drive clutch is not applying enough pressure on the belt to force it to ride higher. How do I know I have a bad drive clutch. Symptoms?
nunezjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #12
nunezjx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1987 Marathon drive clutch will not fully engage

Put the cart up on a floor jack and it does the same thing. The wheels will turn but very slowly. I think the drive clutch is not fully engaging because the belt is not riding up toward the edge. It seems like it only closes about half way. How do you know if your drive clutch is bad? Seems like the engine is getting up to speed but there is just not enough force to close the clutch all the way. There a way to test the clutch? With the belt off the clutch will close all of the way and return open when your foot is off the gas. Sugesstions please
nunezjx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, drive clutch, no power reverse & fwd.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO