lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
007ojitos
Not Yet Wild

Default Help: rear end question

Hello,
Ok, please read--heres my dilemma. Sorry in advance if its wordy.

I have a 2008 ezgo st express, 6ppl, stock kawasaki gas power cart. I am in the process of upgrading it.
I want a little more speed, but cant find anyone who supplies parts for this cart, since it seems much of these parts are either from a txt or a workhorse depending.
Mikes motor toys was a great help and once said that i need to put a high speed rear end on it. A whole new rear end. I havent been able to get a response back though since im sure hes busy.
My question is: what are my options?? Anyone know of a supplier for a gear swap for this cart? If i need a whole new rear end, a part number/place i can order it? Lastly, if im getting a new rear end, is it one i can take off a used cart, and if so, what years/model?
Im desperate for some help here, thank you in advance...
007ojitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help: rear end question

I'm no pro, but how much speed are you looking for with a 13hp motor and 6 people aboard?

Welcome to Buggies.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
007ojitos
Not Yet Wild

Cart is tapping out at approx 22mph no matter 1person or 6. Id like to go closer to 30. Already been to the dealer and mechanics whi played with govenor, etc...and they said thats all it can do

I guess at this point ive determined that new gears, or new rear end are my options as i eventuLly will big block it.

unless someone here specifically knows a place that supplies it, it appears that nobody carries a replacment gears to regear an st, they supply txt, rxv, workhorse, but not st. so im thinking i will have to swap the rear end.

Does anyone know which rear end (year, model i.e 2001-up txt, or workhorse, etc...) will bolt up to a 2008, st express? Then inwould be able to buy gears
Old 09-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Looks to me you would loose lots of low end geared for 30, good luck.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around 6 people on a cart at 30 mph.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
007ojitos
Not Yet Wild

It will once i re-gear and big block it...

My Question is....which ezgo rear end will bolt up to mine so that i can swap them out?
Old 09-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I'm guessing they used the same as an st workhorse in the express, probably same ratio too.
Both had springs bolted on top the axle, the txts bolted under.

Hopefully someone here will know about ratios.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:27 PM   #8
007ojitos
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. Appretiate that. Im gonna go 8:1 once i big block, im just doing all my homework and prep now. I was thinking workhorse rear end also that way i cud buy gear for the new one, also but i am hoping someone here can confirm this, and what years will bolt up, since i know things vary
Old 09-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #9
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i hate to be a killjoy but you need to be thinking of some other items to go with this 30 mph v twin if your serious about doing this with up to 6 passengers , first you need disc brakes all around , ausco rear maybe jakes front , with a long travel suspension i know my workhorse just a foot longer than a stock cart is ready to tip if you take a turn at any speed , and the v twin make's it wanna go over that much faster , i can get it up off the front wheels with the engine and up on two wheels in a turn , i think your going to notice not many people ready to get you to 30 mph with six people without first addressing what it takes to handle that much power.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
007ojitos
Not Yet Wild

Stovebolt-you are correct, i looked under my cart today and the leafs are bolted on top of the axle. Im one step closer now, thank you...

Mikes motor tots told me i need a whole new high speed rear end. I havent been able to get a hold of him to privide more info.

A whole new rear end? Where would i get his at, and any link/direction i can be pointed to so that i can get the part wud be appretiated.

Tags
high speed, rear end, st-expresss, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO