lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 Club car intermittent spark

I've been working on this cart for a while now , it would run fine for hours but as soon as you park it for 10 mins it wouldn't start back up again for hours, now you can drive it and it will work fine but then all of a sudden like someone flipped a switch it would start up for a few seconds and then start to back fire through the carb then die, and repeat, as of today it won't run at all , I pulled the spark plug out and turned it over arching to the nearest ground and it will strike an arch a few times and then stop,and repeat, I know that these has the little igniter box on them but idk to replace that or pretty much pull the motor to look at the magneto , any help apreactiated !
Brandeis_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #2
McPower Racing
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 95 Club car intermittent spark

The igniter is not a have to have component, I've built modified 212s and that's one the parts that get tossed from a new out of the box engine. I've used these same 212 coils to replace fe290 coils that had failed. What engine do you have?
McPower Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Fe 290, I took apart the motor and got to the coil it was all rusty so I sanded it down and checked with a multimeter and replaced, still had intermittent spark tho until I reached down by the black box and wiggled some of the grounds coming out of there,I'm guess the coil needs a good ground but , does anyone know if there's a coil ground and where it's located
Old 07-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know what the black and white wire does or what it's supposed to read, it goes from the key switch to the micro switch in the black box then to the rev limiter?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car