lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
Pontoonlady
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 Club Car fuel pump concern

I have a 1990 Club Car that I just replaced the fuel pump, fuel lines, and fuel filter. I have checked the connections a number of times. When I start the motor, the vacuum line is spewing oil out of the vent in the fuel pump. It should not be doing this and I have tried all I can to find the problem. Am I correct in assuming that there must be a leak in the motor to be reversing the vacuum? I have put my finger over the connection and it is blowing aid out instead vacuum going where it needs to be? Any advice is welcome at this point. Can it possibly be a blown head gasket? Thanks.
Pontoonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #2
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Club Car fuel pump concern

The fuel pump "vacuum line" is actually a pulse line. It both sucks and blows (insert punch line here)

The pulse allows the diaphragm in the pump to both expand, and then contract this along with check values in the inlet and outlet causes the fuel to "pump".

It is completely normal to have oil coming out of the pulse nipple on the engine, but I've never herd of it filling up and coming out of the pump vent.

Make sure the pump is mounted above the nipple and there are no droops in the pulse line to the pump, this will allow the oil to drain back into the crankcase

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Also check this thread. Guy with a '91 cart had a similar problem:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-question.html

If you're saying that oil is coming out of the little brass vent filter on the fuel pump itself (!), my first guess would be that your cart motor has been overfilled with oil. If the oil level is where it should be, try moving the pulse line up to the other male nipple in the valve cover that sits right behind the carburetor. You can get the same pulse from there but it's higher on the block, which will be harder to fill up with oil.

The oiling system in these motors consists simply of a small metal finger tab bolted to the end of the connecting rod that dips in and out of the oil sump to splash oil throughout the crankcase. No pumps or filters involved.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
Pontoonlady
Not Yet Wild

I drained all of the oil out of the motor and put in only 1/2 quart of oil as at first I thought that was the problem and I knew by putting only that much in would lubricate everything without overfilling it. I know what pulse line you mean by the carburetor. I will try that tonight and see if that helps. The reality of it filling up the line and coming out of the vent is what really baffles me. If it was overfull of oil, I could understand. I will let you know how this works. Thanks for your help.
Pontoonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Any luck?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car