lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
red423
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 Turf 2 gas throttle issues.....

Picked up a very used club car 2 found it's a 99. It had a collapsed oil filter and no oil pressure, causing the rocker assembly to give out from abuse. Wellll I learned real quick to interchange the Kawi FE350 parts got a used head, got her running. Very impressive how nice these things are to have hauling yard debris. Anyway if I run down the street WOT after 200-300 feet it will slow to bare idle and if you feather gas doesn't matter. I read in front of the engine there is a rev limiter but when I disconnected the black wire I lost ignition, and she wouldn't shut off. Is there a diagram showing the motor and what that box does how exactly it works?? There is also another notched cam 1/2 moon that has two micro switches attached next to the solenoid. What does that do?
I have reverse and forward but the switch was overpowered with a pair of vice grips, and finding forward is pretty hard, would just changing the shaft and cam lock fix this issue??
It was also explained in another thread that rev limiter has a cable adjustment anyone have a detail pic of this?? I know Iknow, another noob, but hey it's all fun......thanks in advance red423
red423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Turf 2 gas throttle issues.....

I think you have the governor and the rev limiter confused, there is no adjustment on the rev limiter and the brown wire on the rev limiter is what you're looking for, not the black wire. Here is a picture of the rev limiter.

I will try to find some pictures of the governor and how to adjust that properly maybe somebody might jump chime in on the governor.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
red423
Not Yet Wild

see how that works??? Good golly!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Now I can plan my day tomorrow. you guys rock on here. yours red423
Old 10-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
red423
Not Yet Wild

I think I can, hahahahaha ok the cable going to the Governor (that half moon disk is around an inch or so stretched beyond ajustment, the half notched cam could use replacement, and while I'm on it that rev limiter, if i set my RPM by the gov. do I really need it? Also I know there has to be a used parts yard for a lot of this stuff, can anyone point me in that direction???????
It's a ride up to Hudson Fl where they have a boatload of used parts, But I mostly referance part numbers on google or private sales, where can I get a defintive parts manual for this turf2?? thanks yours RED
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Do this "Anyway if I run down the street WOT after 200-300 feet it will slow to bare idle" and pull the spark plug see if it's dry or wet if it's dry it's a fuel issue may need a good carb cleaning and check fuel flow
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #6
red423
Not Yet Wild

Thanks we did, that has an electric pump which I have bought a replacement vacuum style to replace it, pulled carb and cleaned when we replaced the head assembly. I'm looking for an inexpensive parts supplier.. yours red423
Old 11-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #7
red423
Not Yet Wild

Well after another short Hospital Stay I finally got around to removing the ground wire off the rev limiter. Wow that mad a huge difference, thanks, I actually was able to drive it for quite a distance. Now I notice after oh 500 feet or so it will act like it's cutting out then race back to 3/4 throttle, could this be because of the electric fuel pump? or lack of fuel into carb bowl? Seems it should just throttle up and down but it doesn't. Even starting in say reverse it will hesitate and if you feather the gas pedal it will throttle up, what am I missing? I know I have a mess on my hands but it seems all that linkage is a liitle confusing. yours red
Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #8
kzguns
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

sounds like its starving for fuel, running bowl dry then filling when u slow down then repeating.
kzguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Float hight might aslo be to low pull the carb off and pull the bowl off while blowing into the fuel inlet raise the float you want air flow to stop when float is level
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #10
red423
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I did the float ck when I cleaned the carb. I notice the throttle cable isn't direct could this be an issue in lagging? That bar on the top of motor the cable attaches to is it some type of restrictor? I 'll keep checking. yours red
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car