lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
fishbait
Not Yet Wild

Default Accelerator hesitation

Engine does not start when accelerator is pressed. Seems to be a sweet spot in the travel of accelerator for engine to fire. I have to push slow to fine the spot. If I go past it, I have to let up and repress. the sweet spot seems to move, but It will always start and go. It is only from standing start that it happens. I wonder if gas drains back out of line, but can't find an air (vacuum) leak. It does not keep me from using it, it is just irritating. Once it fires and goes, it is normal. I have not been able to solve it. If I pull the spark plug out and lay it on top of the engine, it immediately fires. It seems to be the gas. When it is cold, choking seems to make it fire. Golf cart places here says it is normal for starter to have to turn it several times before firing. I want to push the accelerator and it responds, not have to repress itonce or more to get it to go. Crazy in Texas! it is a 1996 DS. Great cart otherwise.
fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
fishbait
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Accelerator hesitation

[QUOTE=fishbait;1442413]Engine does not start when accelerator is first pressed. Seems to be a sweet spot in the travel of accelerator for engine to fire. I have to press slow to fine the spot, then it will fire and start. If I go past it, I have to let up and repress. If I press the accelerator fully, it will start after a unreasonable delay while the starter is turning the engine. The starter needs to turn the engine several times, but It will always start and go. It is only from standing start that it happens. It does not keep me from using it, it is just irritating. Once it fires and goes, it is normal. I have not been able to solve it and have had it checked by two golf cart repair firms. If I pull the spark plug out and lay it on top of the engine, it immediately fires. It seems to be the gas. When it is cold, choking seems to make it fire. Golf cart places here says it is normal for starter to have to turn it several times before firing. I want to push the accelerator and have it goes like other gas carts, not have to repress it once or more to get it to go, or wait for it to. Crazy in Texas! It is a 1996 DS. Great cart otherwise. If this explanation is not clear, please ask questions. I really need help.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Have you changed out the spark plug? Sometimes plugs can fire just fine outside the combustion chamber but act totally different when within the combustion chamber.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
fishbait
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to be slow to answer. I suspected the plug and changed it out for a new plug and it fires continually out of the combustion chamber (laying on top of the engine). Not sure how I would check it otherwise. I think it fires when it is initially activated to fire. You know, brake releases at a 4 degree press on the accelerator and starter begins at 8, then power to the plug at 12 degrees (I may be wrong on the degrees). Its odd that it does not keep firing past the 12 degrees. Once it is running, the accelerator can be pressed slowly to the floor with a continual increase of power. If starting, and I accidently press past the sweet spot, It will have to be repressed unless it is pressed to the floor and held. After two or three seconds, it will then start. It's kind of dumb so sit and wait while playing golf. 2 or 3 seconds is a long time then. Thanks for your reply. I hope I have been clear.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
fishbait
Not Yet Wild

I will try changing out the plug again. But to me, for the plug to continue to act in the same manner is odd. It normally fires when it is told to.
Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car