lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Firing issue

I have a 1997 Club Car DS with the FE290 engine. I have been fighting this thing for a while and I am out of options. I have replaced coil, rev limiter, carb, micro switches, key switch, battery, solenoid, ground strap and still no change. Have changed the coil twice. Bought a cheap one off eBay and it didn’t work so went back with a factory Kawasaki coil with no change. When I initially press the pedal the engine turns over and starts and then I lose fire for a few seconds so it shuts back down, continuously holding the pedal down the fire will come back and starts up this time and runs perfect until you let it cut off. Once the engine shuts off it does the exact same thing again. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this. I’m stumped on this one.
Bean843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Firing issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean843 View Post
I have a 1997 Club Car DS with the FE290 engine. I have been fighting this thing for a while and I am out of options. I have replaced coil, rev limiter, carb, micro switches, key switch, battery, solenoid, ground strap and still no change. Have changed the coil twice. Bought a cheap one off eBay and it didn’t work so went back with a factory Kawasaki coil with no change. When I initially press the pedal the engine turns over and starts and then I lose fire for a few seconds so it shuts back down, continuously holding the pedal down the fire will come back and starts up this time and runs perfect until you let it cut off. Once the engine shuts off it does the exact same thing again. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this. I’m stumped on this one.
"Are you plugging all your new parts into the old wiring harness?" If you answered yes, then you have found your problem.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If I hold the coil wire somewhere other than the spark plug it has continuous fire. Like if I hold it to the exhaust bracket it never looses fire, hold it to the spark plug and it does. I have a video but I’m not sure how to post.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean843 View Post
If I hold the coil wire somewhere other than the spark plug it has continuous fire. Like if I hold it to the exhaust bracket it never looses fire, hold it to the spark plug and it does. I have a video but I’m not sure how to post.
Have you replaced the spark plug.... This is well beyond my expertise... But I've seen people say that a spark plug can lose spark under compression where it will fire ever time when just grounded

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
Bean843
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yea I have tried that too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car