lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Battery question again

Great information guys, thanks

What I’m getting out of this is that winter sucks
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #22
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Great information guys, thanks

What I’m getting out of this is that winter sucks
Lol. Yes, winter sucks if you are not a winter person.

I am learning a lot and appreciate all the input. Now I should also say I am using the original PowerDrive charger that came with the cart. Worked fine for Trojans and US batteries. I now have Crown batteries I bought earlier this year. I was getting 50.9v after a couple months into charging my new pack after rest and this is the first time this year on my last charge that I didn't. It was only at 50v after rest. Only logical thing that changed was the outside temperature. Maybe the PowerDrive charger algorithm doesn't like the Crowns. I just don't know. Am I my time resetting the OSB?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think You should reset your OBC periodically, once or twice a year, to allow the OBC to create a new baseline for your battery current condition.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #24
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think You should reset your OBC periodically, once or twice a year, to allow the OBC to create a new baseline for your battery current condition.
I have never done it before other than when I installed new batteries since I had to disconnect the battery cables which I assume resets it.

I don't drive it during winter months here and only keep it charged. Will resetting the OBC and not driving it and only plug the charger in after defeat the purpose?
Old 12-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #25
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
this is interesting. i've reset my obc once when i bought new batteries. but it also makes sense that you need a new map for varying conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
...but when I would go hunting in the S.C., on the cold nights it charged,...
i'm laughing inside, nole. you do realize it's never gotten cold in south carolina

i've lived within minutes of alberta ca and all over the mountain states. when i moved to metro motown, i embraced the winters including skiing and snowmobiling. that was 25 years ago and technically i still live within minutes of canada, but winters in michigan suck anymore. als has taken any fun out of being cold and walking on ice. there is a reason we need one million cold cranking amps up here to start our 4x4 vehicles

still i try to enjoy snow in my own way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uLTjj1qNQ

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc donuts.JPG (69.9 KB, 0 views)
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #26
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is it possible that my Crown batteries would cause this issue between the cold and charging algorithm since I didn't have an issue in warmer weather?
Old 12-29-2020, 12:03 AM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
i'm laughing inside, nole. you do realize it's never gotten cold in south carolina
Yeah, but for a Florida boy, that is COLD for me when running around in shorts and flip-flops!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #28
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Going to do an OBC reset this weekend and will report back.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Resetting the OBC only has the potential to help without any negative impact.

If You are not driving the cart make sure the Tow/Run switch is on Tow and if you have a voltage converter remove the fuse on the +48v side so it is not connected to the pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #30
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Resetting the OBC only has the potential to help without any negative impact.

If You are not driving the cart make sure the Tow/Run switch is on Tow and if you have a voltage converter remove the fuse on the +48v side so it is not connected to the pack.
Yep, I figure it's worth a shot. Cart does always stay in tow mode while stored. Also, I do not have a convertor installed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car