lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2021, 01:43 AM   #1
Dstrauss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default TPS cut from 2009 I2 Excel PH model

Hello,

I am new to the forum and cart ownership. I bought a PH0939-05xxx excel I2 cart From a local auction. Upon receiving the unit the pedal assembly was removed and the wire harness was cut in the pedal area.

Due to the model year and number I believe the cart has a TPS unit that would be connected to the main wire harness and the MCOR2

After doing lots of reading on this site, I have the gray 1515 Curtis controller, with pink label OBC. I ordered P/N 103682701 - TPS to MCOR jumper harness for excel. from a Canadian dealer.

I now have a TPS But does not solve my connection issue to the main wire harness. (5 wires: yellow, white, blue, black w white stripe, and purple)

I checked with local CC dealer and can not get an 09 excel wire harness.

Question 1 - where would I track down a 6pin female pig tail that would connect to the TPS? This would be the cheapest option. Soldering to the pins on the tps would be difficult and I would not know what wire leads to what pin on the TPS module.

Question 2 - could I by pass the TPS altogether by upgrading to a new excel wire harness, and pedal assembly 2 with a MCOR 4?

Thanks from Canada
Sorry for the long post.
Dstrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: TPS cut from 2009 I2 Excel PH model

I just went thru that TPS mess on a 2009 recently when I installed RoyPow Lithium in a 2009. The TPS was no longer working when I got the battery and conversion done (no reason for that and don't know why, it just didn't work)
I got an MCOR2 to MCOR4 conversion from David at Revolution Golf Cars. Per his instructions, I then cut the connectors off the end that would have connected to the MCOR2 connectors of original cart harness and spliced them to the existing wires (color to color 4 out of 5) for the throttle and pedal switch. I then had a problem that when driving cart, it would get about halfway down on pedal and then stop. I had to solder in each wire to the throttle portion of the MCOR a 470ohm 1/2w resistor. (Amazon cheap - $5.99 for 100) Then came back full throttle and cart is working fine now.

If you need better help with this, call David.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrauss View Post
Hello,

I am new to the forum and cart ownership. I bought a PH0939-05xxx excel I2 cart From a local auction. Upon receiving the unit the pedal assembly was removed and the wire harness was cut in the pedal area.

Due to the model year and number I believe the cart has a TPS unit that would be connected to the main wire harness and the MCOR2

After doing lots of reading on this site, I have the gray 1515 Curtis controller, with pink label OBC. I ordered P/N 103682701 - TPS to MCOR jumper harness for excel. from a Canadian dealer.

I now have a TPS But does not solve my connection issue to the main wire harness. (5 wires: yellow, white, blue, black w white stripe, and purple)

I checked with local CC dealer and can not get an 09 excel wire harness.

Question 1 - where would I track down a 6pin female pig tail that would connect to the TPS? This would be the cheapest option. Soldering to the pins on the tps would be difficult and I would not know what wire leads to what pin on the TPS module.

Question 2 - could I by pass the TPS altogether by upgrading to a new excel wire harness, and pedal assembly 2 with a MCOR 4?

Thanks from Canada
Sorry for the long post.
The Excel wire harness would be a direct swap, but it's about twice the price of an IQ harness. Your cheapest way to do this would be to buy an IQ harness, part number 103374901 and modify it. You'll need to do as PingEye3 stated above, solder a 470 ohm resistor in the purple, white, and yellow wires where the harness plugs into the MCOR. Then you'll need to cut the black/white wire at pin 13 and put a ring terminal on it. The ring terminal can be placed on the B- negative post of the controller. Your IQ wire harness will then work with your Excel controller. If you're going to use an MCOR4, you'll need to order part number AM293001. If you already have an MCOR4, but don't have a wire adapter to adapt it to the IQ wire harness you'll need to order wire adapter number 103890801.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:06 PM   #4
Dstrauss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies,

I was able to get a damaged IQ harness, and scavenged the MCOR connectors off of the damaged harness (Rectangle and Triangle and lots of wire).

I am going to splice them onto my current excel harness where the TPS was cut out, and then insert the resistors(Waiting for Amazon Delivery) on the Purple, White and Yellow wires. Hopefully that will work with my MCOR 2 Pedal Assembly 1. I will keep you posted

Thanks so much for the help!
Old 04-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The Excel wire harness would be a direct swap, but it's about twice the price of an IQ harness. Your cheapest way to do this would be to buy an IQ harness, part number 103374901 and modify it. You'll need to do as PingEye3 stated above, solder a 470 ohm resistor in the purple, white, and yellow wires where the harness plugs into the MCOR. Then you'll need to cut the black/white wire at pin 13 and put a ring terminal on it. The ring terminal can be placed on the B- negative post of the controller. Your IQ wire harness will then work with your Excel controller. If you're going to use an MCOR4, you'll need to order part number AM293001. If you already have an MCOR4, but don't have a wire adapter to adapt it to the IQ wire harness you'll need to order wire adapter number 103890801.
Thank you David for completing that explanation with great detail.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
Dstrauss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello;

Well I am super happy, the cart works!

I was able to solder the resistors on to the Purple, White and Yellow wires, I then covered with Permatex Dielectric Grease and heat shrink tubbing. after soldering I tested the wire to ensure the resistance was close to the 470ohms to ensure the solder job was ok.

If I was to do over again, I would not buy the salvaged IQ harness. I would only buy the TPS to MCOR4 Conversion Kit and cut the TPS off and solder in the resistors as needed.

What's nice about the Throttle Sensor to MCOR Kit, I bought from a Canadian Part Store (Since I live in Canada) the kit came with MCOR2, as well as an adapter to fit a MCOR2 onto a pedal assembly 2.

Thanks for all the help on this topic, very much appreciated. Maybe next winter I will learn to modify the cart for more speed (I was able to get it up to 11MPH with my brother and I who are 250lbs each)

Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor.jpg (211.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Solder.jpg (196.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cartpart.jpg (8.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5132.jpg (213.8 KB, 0 views)

Tags
main wire harness, mcor2, pedal assembly 1, tps
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car