lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Parts Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
It's at a BB dealer. After 4 weeks they tell me the "controller" is bad and has to be replaced. I'm just checking my options. it sounds like it may be more of a job than I can do myself. I could change it out but I have no idea how to program a controller.
Again, this buggy has less than 50 hours on it in 2 years. I would think a controller should last longer than that. What makes this device go bad? Thanks for the help.

Its a simple unbolt/bolt 5 large wires and plug in 1 big plug and your done. Not too difficult. Thats if you use a stock controller. Make sure to unhook the batteries. I'd pay the diagnostic fee, get it back and take it to another dealer and get a second opinion.

You don't never know what makes a controller go bad. What was the cart doing?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Are You In Athens????
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
It's at a BB dealer. After 4 weeks they tell me the "controller" is bad and has to be replaced. I'm just checking my options. it sounds like it may be more of a job than I can do myself. I could change it out but I have no idea how to program a controller.
Again, this buggy has less than 50 hours on it in 2 years. I would think a controller should last longer than that. What makes this device go bad? Thanks for the help.
Rockin' - Without ragging on the delaership - there is NO EXCUSE for a cart to be at a dealership for 4 weeks waiting on repairs. I can undersatnd if something is backordered, but if it is only a controller and they are a dealership (assuming that they STOCK carts), it seems pretty easy to take a controller out of a new unit to test for you. I agree with Roady - I'd be looking for another shop with experience with electric vehicles, i.s EZGO, Club Car or Yamaha...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

I drove the buggy out of the barn about 50' to the truck, loaded it with gear and attempted to drive off. Nothing! the lights and winch work fine but the motors would not start. Not even a "click" sound when I put it in F or R. Sounded like a simple fix to me but the dealer took 4 weeks to diagnose it. I guess I have no choice but to fix it as they are the only dealer in Houston, TX. I'm not through talking to BB in Natchez, MS!!!!!!!!!!
Rockin' G Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

That does NOT sound like the controller to me. The Navitas is NOTHING like a regular controller. Sounds like more of a bad connection than anything. You "Could" try a different dealership like an EZGO dealer. Even though they may not be a BB dealer they MIGHT look at it for you.

Wish you were closer...I'm supposed to have a programmer here this week. It also does diagnostics.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We had a BBBuggy dropped off on Friday afternoon with many issues. Burnt batteries, corroded cables, broken rear axle, missing break assembly, snapped brake cables, stripped rear brake hub, +++. Oh, 50 lbs of mud, too.

All fixed and good as new by noon Saturday. My point? Just take it to a well known dealership for another brand that looks like they aren't affraid to get their hands dirty...

Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Many of the parts on the BBBuggy interchange with EZGO. None of the electronics, however, but FYI for future problems and issues...

Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yep, they use the same Throttle though. The Bad boy uses a forward reversing contactor to switch from foward to reverse and vise versa.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
We had a BBBuggy dropped off on Friday afternoon with many issues. Burnt batteries, corroded cables, broken rear axle, missing break assembly, snapped brake cables, stripped rear brake hub, +++. Oh, 50 lbs of mud, too.

All fixed and good as new by noon Saturday. My point? Just take it to a well known dealership for another brand that looks like they aren't affraid to get their hands dirty...
I take VERY go care of my equipment. It is always recharged after use, batteries have the "easy fill" system and always filled after each charging, kept in a barn with a cover over it and never abused in the field. The back seat still has the shipping plastic cover on it! Sounds like BB and I need to talk some more.
Rockin' G Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I hate it when something like this happens! This is why I like to stick with EZGO or CLUBCAR carts! There are parts when you need them and we know where we can get them! My wife likes a CLUBCAR and I prefer an EZGO! These 2 brands are like a Chevy Truck; when it comes time to sell you don't have to look for a buyer! This is my opinion hope I don't offend anyone! Thanks and hope everything works out for you!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car