lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Pics of mods completed on my 89' G2

Here is a pic of the Forward/Reverse handle that I made to fit my cart. It is a window crank for hotrod/custom applications. I used the factory shaft from the old handle.

bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #12
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Pics of mods completed on my 89' G2

Here are some more pictures of the cart's front end. I just through the tire on for pics thats why there is only two lug nuts. (Seems like you guys catch every detail!)

Old 04-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Pics of mods completed on my 89' G2

Here are some pics from the first trail run with the tires. 23x11x10 Dunlop 869

I found them at a yamaha dealer used for $20 for all four! One is worse for wear then the others but oh well.

I have some videos also that I will post after they upload. It did great and went everywhere all the atv's went.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #14
gutterboy2ca
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

what did you notice for power loss with the oversized tires, i'm still debating on lift and 23's or 12" rims and 205 low profiles,feel free to chime in anyone.We did a real steep hill climb last week with a G9 and my G14 which both were stock with 2 grown men on each, the G9 kept right on puttin up the hill, the G-14, i Had to get off and run beside it after second attempt, i ruled it to the G9 having stock 16 inch tires and the G14 having bigger stock 18 inch,any ideas?
gutterboy2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #15
cart de golf
Gone Wild

those rear shocks are off of ?
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here are some videos! By the way, the power loss is noticable, but is not much. The rear shocks are off of a 1982 Kawasaki KZ440 street bike.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
gutterboy2ca
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

well i have to say, that looks like it goes better lifted and Tired then my G14 stock, powerwise at least,impressive.Thanks for the Vids
gutterboy2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #18
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Sweeeet!!! Got to love the old Yamahas!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
2 things I see...Running a Comet aftermarket primary clutch (seems to be open all the way), but it looks like the sliding sheave is not preloaded all the way on the spring seat. Can't tell if he has a "spacer", but if the preload was tighter, the belt would ride higher on the secondary sheaves. Once I set the preload and use an impact to tighten the nut (holding the fixed sheave) it useually pulls the sliding sheave "inward" to mate up with the ramp shoes. Does that make sence to you guy's?
You mean how far you twist it? IIRC it is 120 degrees, or one full set of ramps right? Assuming you have the ends in the right holes. I experimented with mine and it just keeps the rpm high at part throttle, full throttle is not affected. It made more noise and burned more gas, so I put it back to stock. It could keep it cooler to have it up some. Could also try a yamahauler spring that is what I plan to do.

Nice work BTW, work on the clutches some it will run better. I did my lift like that, I wish I would have made it a little wider like you did.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #20
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
You mean how far you twist it? IIRC it is 120 degrees, or one full set of ramps right? Assuming you have the ends in the right holes. I experimented with mine and it just keeps the rpm high at part throttle, full throttle is not affected. It made more noise and burned more gas, so I put it back to stock.
I would have to agree with you on what you said....it hasn't really made a difference on the hole placement. Just having the spring preloaded good enough seems to do the trick.

I would like to get someone to help twist my inner sheave a couple of more shoes while I put the outer sheave on and impact the nut on and see what that does....but I really don't think there is any more torque that can be gained from this engine without starving myself and my family...

I have set mine on several different settings but I really think my advantage was buying a cart with a comet 94c already on it. (I think that is what my cart has on it. If you can tell me anything different from the pics posted then please inform me otherwise, it would be much appreciated as I have looked into finding out what clutch I have.)

Or maybe not...I don't know enough about the primaries to start talking about them. I just installed the input shaft spacer on the secondary clutch shaft and replaced the inner sheave seals. The belt and spring seat are in a much better running condition then before. The belt runs level with the inner sheave.

Would a slightly wider belt give me any advantages?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha